Spyderco Non locking UKPKs.....

Anything non shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Spyderco Non locking UKPKs.....

#1 Post by Sim G »

Right, the thread which I started about pen knives shows that a lot on here don't carry a quality pocket cutting tool! So, in my collection I have a few of the Spyderco UKPK (United Kingdom Pen Knife) to let go of.

These are the FRN (Fibre Reinforced Nylon) versions, ith different coloured handles. They are made in Golden, Colorado. The have blades of just less than three inches and are non locking. They have the Spyderco opening hole, so can be opened and closed with one hand. They also have a "deep pocket" wire clip to be clipped into the front trouser pocket and carried very discreetly.

The UKPK was designed by Sal Glesser, the owner of Spyderco and the British Blades forum, to conform with current UK law. Hence, under S139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988, folding, non locking pocket knives with a cutting edge of less than three inches, have an exemption for "good reason" of carry in a public place. (Like anything else, use this pocket knife to cause someone harm, then the exemption ceases.....)

I have some available in both drop point and leaf shaped blades, in either part serrated or fully serrated edge configuration and in either maroon, grey or blue handles. More detailed;

Blue handled drop point, PS and Ser
Maroon handled, leaf blade, PS and Ser
Grey handled, leaf, PS and Ser
Blue handled, leaf, PS and Ser

All told, eight knives in total. There are a number of places that these are available in the UK, but the cheapest and most reliable is Heinnie Hanes, which sell them for £43 each.

http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/-UK-Legal ... -658-6083/

In order to spread the word of quality pocket knives, especially by Spyderco and to ensure that FBers are exposed to the joy and practicality of Spyderco, members here can have them at the bargain price of 30 quid each!!!!

They are all new in their boxes and postage is included!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

Re: Spyderco Non locking UKPKs.....

#2 Post by Sim G »

Maroon fully serrated is sold.... :D
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Dougan

#3 Post by Dougan »

Hi Sim G,

I got delivery of the July/Aug 'Bushcraft and Survival Skills' magazine yesterday (I think many people, Guys and Gals, on this site would enjoy reading it - it's online too, if you want to check it out 8-) )

Inside was the 'heinnie' catalog - The 'UK' is in it, but the 'titanium'...£194.95 :shock: - there's tons of cool kit in it...including a 'location marker balloon' with a mini helium cylinder - now that's something for your 'go-bag' :lol:
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

Ah, the Ti UKPK....... I'm not selling mine!!!

But that just shows what excellent value these FRNs are!

PM coming.

Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

Grey leaf blade, part serrated is sold. :D

Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

Recieved delivery of the Spyderco today:
knifes 2 001.jpg
knifes 2 002.jpg
The one on top is the one it's replacing.

I was sceptical about the non-locking blade, but there is a tension on the action, and the placement of your index finger on the ergonomic handle really does help prevent the blade from folding on your fingers :good:

I also like the wire clip placed at the rear - doesn't dig into the palm (blisters with wet hands) the same way the smaller knife did.

It's ironic that the Spyderco (non-locking) is the legal one :?

The only problem I have with it, is that while it's a great little knife for fishing and beachcombing (especially in public areas) - the quality and edge are far too good for digging in the clay with it....(will have to get a small pointing trowel :roll: ).

Thank you Sim G - excellent little knife :goodjob: