News from the NRA 6th of July 2011

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Christel
Site Admin

News from the NRA 6th of July 2011

#1 Post by Christel »

Imperial Meeting
Just a few points of note for Imperial Meeting competitors.

Squadding cards

These will be available for collection from 14:00 on Thursday 7 July onwards. Please either bring your receipt or photographic proof of identification (membership card, driving licence, passport etc).

Outstanding Invoices

Please be aware that if you have any invoices outstanding over 30 days they must be settled before you will be allowed to collect your squadding cards. This applies to clubs and associations as well as individual competitors. Statements have been sent out recently with a letter explaining that you will not be allowed to shoot unless these are paid.

Please contact Sally Bullock on 01483 797777 ext 128 if you would like to discuss your account or pay before you arrive.

Certificates of Safety and Competence

Please remember to bring your Certificate of Safety and Competence with you to the Imperial Meeting. You will not be able to collect your squadding cards without one!

Team captains must ensure that all team members have certificates or are coached on a one-to-one basis by the holder of a certificate.

HME

Just a reminder that if you are intending to shoot a HME firearm please allow enough time to zero your firearm on the Zero Range before the start of your first competition. You will not be able to collect your squadding cards until you have done so. Zero cards will be available from the Range Office or on the Zero Range.

Match Rifle

Please remember that in all MR competitions, including those competitors using RWS ammunition in the RWS Aggregate, all competitors must supply their own ammunition. No ammunition will be available on the firing point but will be available from the Range Office.

Cashing of Cheques and Travellers Cheques

Please note that we will not be able to cash cheques or travellers cheques due to the withdrawal of cheque guarantee cards and new regulations concerning travellers cheques. These may be cashed in the local banks in Knaphill.

Pistol and Gallery Rifle Meeting

Don’t forget the Pistol and Gallery Rifle Meeting held from Wednesday 13 to Sunday 17 July. Entry forms are available at http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calend ... RA&id=2734 but you can also just turn up on the day.

Historic Arms Meeting

The Historic Arms Meeting is happening this weekend (9 & 10 July). Entry forms are available at http://www.nra.org.uk/common/asp/Calend ... RA&id=2608 but you can also just turn up on the day.

Great Britain Under 25 Team

The Great Britain Under 25 Team will be travelling to Australia in October to compete in the World Championships. Great Britain have won the last two Under 25 World Championships and hope to make it a hat trick! However this tour will be extremely expensive for each team member and they are currently trying to raise funds and sponsorship.

A website has been set up at

http://web.me.com/twopanoki/Site_2/About_Me.html

Please visit their website and hopefully you can afford to donate just a couple of pounds to help them.

Applications sought for Channel Islands Team 2012

I am both honoured and delighted to have been selected as Captain of the NRA Channel Islands Team for 2012. This tour is expected to take place from Wednesday 23 to Tuesday 29 May 2012 with matches against both Guernsey and Jersey. As these particular tours are designed to aid development of those shooters who have attained, or are close to attaining, County Level status at target rifle, I would be keen to invite applications from shooters who aspire to be considered for forthcoming GB tours or National Team selection along with applications from more experienced shooters who, preferably, have never toured overseas and who are willing to pass on their shooting knowledge.

I would plan to organise training days and fundraising events, including at least one corporate day, the first of which could be late September, to keep tour costs down in these financially stringent times. Team members would be expected to attend both corporate days and training days.

I would ask that applications be submitted to me either in writing or by e-mail along with a shooting CV, with emphasis on short range performances, by 31 July 2011 and I envisage that the team would be announced by 1 September.

It would be my objective to lead a successful and enjoyable tour combining competition at a senior level, with a relaxed social content, amongst our many friends in the Channel Islands.

Garnett Faulkner

38 Rosemont Road

London NW3 6NE

E-mail frichardg@aol.com

Tel 02077 942 835

Mob 07885 604 915