Unprofessional behaviour of Met FET

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Unprofessional behaviour of Met FET

#101 Post by TattooedGun »

@nd wrote:can someone please explain ''an open ticket'' and does it only apply to shooting live quarry or target shooting as well?
My initial grant was for four rifles, i have now been granted for a few more over the years.
An open ticket only applies to shooting quarry.

It is the difference between needing the Chief of Police certifying each piece of land you wish to shoot over (with permission), or allowing you to make the choice over which piece of land you shoot over (with permission).
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#102 Post by Mattnall »

@nd wrote:can someone please explain ''an open ticket'' and does it only apply to shooting live quarry or target shooting as well?
My initial grant was for four rifles, i have now been granted for a few more over the years.
A "fully open ticket" allows you to shoot on any land where you have permission. You don't have to get the land checked first and it doesn't need to be stated on the FAC. It is down to you as the experienced shooter to check the land yourself.

Then there is the condition (perhaps a "semi open ticket") where you can shoot anywhere you have permission over land deemed suitable by the Chief Constable (or whoever it is these days) for the calibre(s) in question.

Then the "closed ticket" where you can shoot on "Home Farm only" or some other named land.

And every variation in between.
They all seem to have the "must have suitable insurance" clause as well now.
Oh, and it is only for live quarry shooting.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
@nd

#103 Post by @nd »

Thanks
Thought i was missing out on something ;-)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#104 Post by dromia »

The nearest to an "open ticket" for acquiring firearms is an RFD certificate.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
walesdave

#105 Post by walesdave »

Without trying to offend anyone I can't believe the 11 pages of comments in this thread.
If you can prove a need for a firearm, you can ask for permission to be granted and as long as you've met the legal requirements then the grant should be issued - I know it's a privialge and not a 'right' but if you've passed the hurdle of getting your FAC granted then the FEO shouldn't be making up rules just because they want to.
To the people saying 3 is enough, or 4 is enough or 5 is fine....but not more than I think is reasonable......how would you feel if in the future the 'limit' is set to 1...after all you can only shoot one gun at a time so why do you need more? And while we're at it....first grant should be for a single shot .22RF as anything else is too much gun for a beginner!

Give up putting other people down! **** If they've met the legal requirements then we should all be supporting every shooter, in every discipline, in 'rich' clubs or 'poor', plinking or long range target, CSR, LBP, blackpowder....it doeesn't fíng matter how many slots they've asked for as long as they've satisfied the legal requirements.
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#106 Post by Dellboy »

walesdave wrote:Without trying to offend anyone I can't believe the 11 pages of comments in this thread.
If you can prove a need for a firearm, you can ask for permission to be granted and as long as you've met the legal requirements then the grant should be issued - I know it's a privialge and not a 'right' but if you've passed the hurdle of getting your FAC granted then the FEO shouldn't be making up rules just because they want to.
To the people saying 3 is enough, or 4 is enough or 5 is fine....but not more than I think is reasonable......how would you feel if in the future the 'limit' is set to 1...after all you can only shoot one gun at a time so why do you need more? And while we're at it....first grant should be for a single shot .22RF as anything else is too much gun for a beginner!

Give up putting other people down! **** If they've met the legal requirements then we should all be supporting every shooter, in every discipline, in 'rich' clubs or 'poor', plinking or long range target, CSR, LBP, blackpowder....it doeesn't fíng matter how many slots they've asked for as long as they've satisfied the legal requirements.

Problem is some people realise that the guy doing your application is in control and you dont need to upset him ,you need to prove the point and take a softly softly approach to get what you want .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#107 Post by Pete »

Which brings us back to the quality of the tea and choccy biscuits you offer him.............. :good:

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dellboy

#108 Post by Dellboy »

Pete wrote:Which brings us back to the quality of the tea and choccy biscuits you offer him.............. :good:

Pete

without a doubt ....... signfunnypost
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Dellboy

#109 Post by Dellboy »

Ive had 4 FLO or whatever you want to call them .
1st was a keen shooter had no problems giving me my initial 3 guns as he knew the club and knew the people i shot with also checked my refrences .
2nd one entered my house with the quote 'I dont like guns and dont see why people want them or should have them ' he was fun . Cost me an updated alarm system and extra locks which when he inspected asked why i thought i needed to change the old ones and denied all knowledge .
3rd one i met at my shop he walked in asked for me ,flashed his ID and said someone had reported guns being kept on the premises .Showed him the safe explained they were only there if i was shooting straight after work and offered him free range to check out the place ,we got on fine from that point allways helpfull and allways straight talking ,and a shooter who while he didnt see why some disiplins were shot he accepted they were and supported the right to .
My current guy is great (just in case he reads this) his attitude is good and he understands the reasoning for shooting different disiplines with different kit .He is available for questions (all be it it might be a phone call back ) and if he doesnt know the answer he finds out and gets back to you .He understood my reasoning for not sending my ticket in when the renewal was due and actually thought it was a good idea .So im happy .However i dont extract the wee wee as i accept he doesnt know me well enough yet to just say 'yes' everytime i ask for something as its his name on the block even though he doesnt make the final decision (although im sure the brown stuff would stick to him if it all went terribly wrong .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

joe

#110 Post by joe »

walesdave wrote:Without trying to offend anyone I can't believe the 11 pages of comments in this thread.

Firearms ownership in GB is still a qualified right (at the moment) it has never been a privilege
All FACs and SGCs are on a shell issue basis if you meet the critea ! Ie the chief officer of police cannot refuse you a ticket if meet the qualifications