What is the validity of Zombie related forums and posts?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
spikedueller
Home club or Range: Minsterly

Re: What is the validity of Zombie related forums and posts?

#21 Post by spikedueller »

So next you’ll be telling me that Hornady’s Zombie ammo range isn’t for actually shooting zombies? I feel misled. (Just kidding in case anyone thinks I’m serious)
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#22 Post by DaveB »

I shouldn't have to point out the bleeding obvious, and maybe you are all well aware of it and are just playing along and I am just missing all the irony, but just for the heck of it - here goes.

NOBODY in their right mind seriously believes in a zombie anything. Even in the US, political correctness is running amok. It is not considered appropriate to talk about particular scenarios which might occur. You might believe, for example, that a particular ethnic group may cause a massive riot, and this may lead to a breakdown of the rule of law (large or small-scale). It has happened from time to time. You can't say that you are preparing for that however, lest you be accused of being a racist. The left are always quick to pull that racist card with anybody who disagrees with their agenda.

Zombies - because everyone knows they don't really exist - are an acceptable stand-in for whatever it is that you fear may lead to a breakdown in society, TEOTWAWKI, or what-have-you. Yes, we all know that it is silly in the extreme, but the ACLU for example, isn't going to come out and publicly support the rights of mythical creatures like zombies - and therefore zombies are a safe target for your prepping. They are also, thanks to The Walking Dead and movies, quite topical at the moment.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#23 Post by safetyfirst »

I’m not very serious.
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#24 Post by meles meles »

Badger puffed out his chest in a most Rumpolian fashion, grasped the front of his robe with his forepaws, turned to face the jury and paused for effect. The Court strained to hear...

"Members of the Jury," he said at last, "when our client said to the FEO," (pause for further effect) "and we quote" (rustle of papers) 'I need more ammo on my allowance in case of a sudden outbreak of brain dead, parasitic ne'er do wells' he was not in fact referring to Parliament's upcoming Recess and the return of MP's to the shires. We therefore insist that the charges of inciting insurrection and armed rebellion be dropped..."
Last edited by meles meles on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

#25 Post by JSC »

DaveB wrote: Zombies - because everyone knows they don't really exist...
shakeshout Well, that's a relief.

Now, do you know anything about some bloke called Santa Claus? I'm getting conflicting reports...
spikedueller
Home club or Range: Minsterly

#26 Post by spikedueller »

Isn’t Santa Claus the bloke who runs the chip shop with Elvis? I’m sure that’s what it says on the internet
meles meles

#27 Post by meles meles »

To be fair, oomans, we should point out that Parliament does take the possibility of the Zombie Puckerlips seriously, they even have a plan for it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... asion.html

Now, you wouldn't seriously be suggesting that 'Er Maj's Government and Senior Civil Serpents are a flippant bunch who waste the taxpayer's money would you ?

Have we been serious enough yet, Gazza?
Last edited by meles meles on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badger
Badger Korporashun

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#28 Post by Dellboy »

no Santa creeps into childrens bedrooms and empties his sack (remove if too much )
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gazza

#29 Post by Gazza »

Which particular post has got up your nose Colin?

Anyway, a bit of delving and here it is in black and white, and a bit of red.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/1 ... e_bullets/

They do exist, well one did acording to this and spawned the now damous Z ammo.
meles meles

#30 Post by meles meles »

ColinR wrote: If you want to live in a Fantasy world then leave your guns at home.

To be honest ooman, from what we reads of fantasy worlds, most of 'em is exactly where you are most likely to need a gun...

And as for the qualities associated with owning a gun, maybe a few words by Owd Bill could be appropriate. Didn't he say something like...

" I am a Gun Owner. Hath not a Gun Owner eyes? Hath not a Gun owner hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a snowflake is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? "
Badger
Badger Korporashun