Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

markd290

Re: Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

#121 Post by markd290 »

Has anybody here heard about Calibre Innovations apparently bringing in a version of the Armsan RS-S1 with a 20" barrel and a 4" brake permanently attached to bring it up to the legal minimum length?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#122 Post by Blackstuff »

I haven't but they'd be onto a winner if they did! :good: Well, providing they don't muck it up like they did with the CMR-30's that is, and do something equally daft like have the muzzle brake too big to allow the handguard to be changed or something wtf
DVC
markd290

#123 Post by markd290 »

Blackstuff wrote:I haven't but they'd be onto a winner if they did! :good: Well, providing they don't muck it up like they did with the CMR-30's that is, and do something equally daft like have the muzzle brake too big to allow the handguard to be changed or something wtf
I completely agree, it'd be a big improvement and would make the gun look much better. I'd definitely put my name down for one. I've dropped them an email to see if they could tell me anything about it

What ever happened with them bringing in the CMR-30 anyway? I remember hearing about it ages ago but I haven't heard anything since
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#124 Post by Blackstuff »

I presume the less than jubilant response they got to the prototype put them off? Who knows.

Would love to find out if it was Keltec or CI idea to have the welded on muzzle brake...
DVC
Sim G
Past Supporter

#125 Post by Sim G »

I shot one of their 9mm straight pull ARs as a bloke in the club had one. It was w@nk. Hopefully Lantac or SGC will offer something in this genre instead....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#126 Post by Dellboy »

Sim G wrote:I shot one of their 9mm straight pull ARs as a bloke in the club had one. It was w@nk. Hopefully Lantac or SGC will offer something in this genre instead....
i think Nick who took over from bradders was looking at 9mm or pretty sure Dave at Valkerie would do one
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

markd290

#127 Post by markd290 »

Well Calibre have emailed me back and have said they aren't importing the guns with a 20" barrel and a welded brake, seems it was just a rumour. I don't see why it couldn't be done though, surely an importer could get Armsan to make a run of them, it would be a simple thing to do at the factory.

Failing that, does anybody know of a gunsmith here in the UK who could chop the barrel down to about 19"-20", rethread it for chokes and then weld on a brake to bring it up to 24" long?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#128 Post by Sim G »

markd290 wrote: Failing that, does anybody know of a gunsmith here in the UK who could chop the barrel down to about 19"-20", rethread it for chokes and then weld on a brake to bring it up to 24" long?

Any competent gunsmith could theoretically perform the job, but legally, can only shorten the barrel in order to repair it, and with that repair bringing the length back to 24" minimum.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
markd290

#129 Post by markd290 »

Sim G wrote:
markd290 wrote: Failing that, does anybody know of a gunsmith here in the UK who could chop the barrel down to about 19"-20", rethread it for chokes and then weld on a brake to bring it up to 24" long?

Any competent gunsmith could theoretically perform the job, but legally, can only shorten the barrel in order to repair it, and with that repair bringing the length back to 24" minimum.
Anybody you could recommend? Obviously somebody with experience working on PSG style guns as I'd probably want to get a few other bits done to it at the same time.

The firearms act is pretty loose in that it says it's legal to shorten it to replace a defective section of the barrel, but it doesn't say what could be considered defective, meaning it could be almost anything really
MistAgain

#130 Post by MistAgain »

I think you may find that plod would make the rules on what is defective .

Proof house may have some thoughts on that as well .