The New Accuracy International AX

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Robin128

Re: The New Accuracy International AX

#11 Post by Robin128 »

ovenpaa wrote:They look hugely impractical for maintaining or carrying through undergrowth and muddy conditions, cleaning them will become a nightmare in the field, you will need a pressure washer to get the crud out of all those holes and ports.
Sim...a weapon built for the above.

;)

Rob
Scotsgun

#12 Post by Scotsgun »

Hmm, i wonder how it compares in accuracy to my AW? I actually caught myself looking at the price list and stating that it wasn't bad!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#13 Post by pe4king »

Scotsgun wrote:Hmm, i wonder how it compares in accuracy to my AW? I actually caught myself looking at the price list and stating that it wasn't bad!
Snap mate I have already done the maths i.e. how much could I get for the AW and how much would I have to put towards it, IMHO I dont think it would shoot any better than the AW so I have decided at this moment in time not to bother, until that is I see one in the flesh :lol:

Eh Sim :roll:
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Robin128

#14 Post by Robin128 »

Never mind how it looks...its MOA that counts.

Who am I kidding?

:D

Rob
pe4king

#15 Post by pe4king »

Exactly :lol:
And I would be kicking myself for eternity for selling it, I do actually like the look of the AW, it ticks all the boxes for me, and what would you do with all of those rails :?: apart from sticking crap on it
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Sim G

#16 Post by Sim G »

You shouldn't have let the TRG go.......
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
pe4king

#17 Post by pe4king »

I had to mate, just to get the AW. :roll:
On the plus side it is still within the club being looked after (bless it)
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#18 Post by Mike357 »

Prices for full AX rigs are up on the sight, £3300 -3700 and orders being taken for March delivery.

Will there be a chasis only option do you think?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#19 Post by 20series »

mike, note that the prices are + 20% vat

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP