The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. PLEASE SEE POST IN NEWS ABOUT GDPR.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:21 pm 

Home club or Range: EBSC
Here at Phoenix Tactical, the customer is always right. Some of you asked about the possibility of having a tool-free adjustment facility on the cant restriction of our top rail mounted bipods - rather than the hex bolt already used. We listened and have machined up a prototype to test and evaluate. As always, this new feature will not be marketed until it has been thoroughly tested in the field by ourselves. The prototype is in the white - the production run will be in matte black oxide finish.

As a matter of interest - the bipod shown in the photo is my own personal bipod - the very first one from the first batch ! Now reaching several hundred sold over the past few years. It has been used and abused in Civilian Service Rifle ( shot in the mud and rain of a few UK winters ) and used as a test bed for modifications and improvements.

Despite this rough handling, as you can see - the finish shows little sign of wear.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm 

Breacher - I've simply swapped the lever which clamps the spigot to the pic rail with the socket-head screw which clamps the cant adjustment. Everyone says "Hey, can't you see that in your scope?" But you can't.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:26 pm 
Site Supporter Since 2017

Home club or Range: Rossendale Fusiliers and Diggle Range
When available, I will have one. Assume that it's a retro-fit?

Geek

If you make everything idiot proof, evolution will just make a better idiot!

AI AT (.308), Ruger Precision Rifle (6.5CM), 10/22 and American Rimfire (.22LR), Steyr Aug, Marlin underlever .38/.357, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 pm 

Home club or Range: EBSC
The Gun Pimp wrote:
Breacher - I've simply swapped the lever which clamps the spigot to the pic rail with the socket-head screw which clamps the cant adjustment. Everyone says "Hey, can't you see that in your scope?" But you can't.

I know what you mean. Bet it gets some wierd double takes !!

Yes Geek - will just be a matter of removing hex bolt and replacing with new one plus a little secret ingredient !