The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#101 Post by Dellboy »

Mattnall wrote:
David TS wrote:

Oh dear. He can't let it go, can he? I wonder how long this will last 8-)
My thoughts exactly.

someome somewhere has had their feathers rustled and i cant see it ending well for Callum wallhead
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#102 Post by Gh0st »

Dellboy wrote:
Mattnall wrote:
David TS wrote:

Oh dear. He can't let it go, can he? I wonder how long this will last 8-)
My thoughts exactly.

someome somewhere has had their feathers rustled and i cant see it ending well for Callum wallhead
Just out of interest what makes you think that?

If/when he gets his license back will peoples views change?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#103 Post by poll007 »

Dellboy wrote:
Mattnall wrote:
David TS wrote:

Just out of interest what makes you think that?

If/when he gets his license back will peoples views change?
I think if he had his certificates reinstated there wouldn't be an issue.

However at present we have an individual who has had his certificates revoked and has been advised to not even reapply for another year, yet not only is he going to be producing videos of him shooting, but even using more restrictive items such as sec 1 shotguns and LBP's (and even mention of sec 5) all of which they claim is OK as its for TV/youtube.

I think this puts him in a grey area as someone who has had his certs revoked and may lead to people taking notice and cracking down on what might be considered a loophole, as using their logic, anyone can use LBP's as long as its going to be posted as a video online(I'm sure there is more detail to the exemptions such as them setting up a production company).

Overall whilst I used to be a fan on English shooting, I think i will be waiting to see how this plays out before forming a new opinion.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#104 Post by Blackstuff »

I take back what I ssaid in my last post, he's just put on Facebook that he's been doing an interviewer with c**kface in chief Sean O'Neill who wrote the smear pieces in the Times a couple of weeks back tenuously trying to link practical shotgun in the UK to the NZ shooter. I really don't know if he's just THAT (over)confident in his own abilities, he has zero concept of the trap he's walked into or he's just an absolute plum. wtf
DVC
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#105 Post by strangesam »

Blackstuff wrote:I take back what I ssaid in my last post, he's just put on Facebook that he's been doing an interviewer with c**kface in chief Sean O'Neill who wrote the smear pieces in the Times a couple of weeks back tenuously trying to link practical shotgun in the UK to the NZ shooter. I really don't know if he's just THAT (over)confident in his own abilities, he has zero concept of the trap he's walked into or he's just an absolute plum. wtf

wallhead

Oh bloody hell...
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#106 Post by mag41uk »

strangesam wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:I take back what I ssaid in my last post, he's just put on Facebook that he's been doing an interviewer with c**kface in chief Sean O'Neill who wrote the smear pieces in the Times a couple of weeks back tenuously trying to link practical shotgun in the UK to the NZ shooter. I really don't know if he's just THAT (over)confident in his own abilities, he has zero concept of the trap he's walked into or he's just an absolute plum. wtf

wallhead

Oh bloody hell...
Just looking at that too.
I hope he took some good advice prior to agreeing to do that.
Its really easy to be caught out in this scenario by a clever wordsmith.
I hope he retained all rights to the content and its use in the press.
TBF Its more than I have seen anyone else attempt to do!
David TS
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms, LERA, SEESA

#107 Post by David TS »

I suspect all three ;)
Sim G

#108 Post by Sim G »

FFS!! This bloke needs an effing biblical dose of STFU! I always thought he was a cock, then his predicament confirmed this. Now he thinks he can go up against Sean O’Neil and effectively “win”?!!! Utterly delusional.

I don’t do social media beyond this forum and a couple for selling stuff. Anyone who does, would you please “Twatter” him or whatever and tell him to BE QUIET!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#109 Post by TattooedGun »

wallhead wallhead wallhead
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#110 Post by mag41uk »

At the moment the content of the interview hasn't been disclosed.
He has been asked if and when it will be.