So we've had 2 Enforcers, how about.......

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Alpin Sniper L42 A1
Home club or Range: Diverse Shooting Clubs

Re: So we've had 2 Enforcers, how about.......

#41 Post by Alpin Sniper L42 A1 »

Lever357 wrote:What serial number is it Alpine???
Hello, Lever357,

Well, Yes.. That has already been"betrayed" :squirrel: :o

Best greetings to Newcastle-upon-tyne
from the south of Switzerland
Alpin Sniper L 42 A1
PeterN

#42 Post by PeterN »

A dealer I know has an Enforcer that has been made up as a .22RF. It was made on one of the spare actions sold off by Enfield at the end of the contract. It has the same woodwork and scope as the 7.62mm ones but a .22RF barrel. The action number is very early 700s. I don't know who put it together, I presume a gunsmith somewhere.
I have seen another .22RF one on a website made up on action number 727. Link to old post on this rifle. https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=40864
Regards
Peter.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#43 Post by GeeRam »

PeterN wrote:A dealer I know has an Enforcer that has been made up as a .22RF. It was made on one of the spare actions sold off by Enfield at the end of the contract. It has the same woodwork and scope as the 7.62mm ones but a .22RF barrel. The action number is very early 700s. I don't know who put it together, I presume a gunsmith somewhere.
I have seen another .22RF one on a website made up on action number 727. Link to old post on this rifle. https://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=40864
Regards
Peter.
No. 703 is the other .22RF one IIRC.

Both were among the batch of 'action only' Enforcer's and spares bought up by Charnwood from Enfield and assembled by them. Whether or not these two .22RF were converted at the same time by Charnwood and then sold, or were converted later on its not known.
PeterN

#44 Post by PeterN »

Thanks for the info. I wondered who had made it up. Number 703 is for sale though I don't know how much he wants for it.
Regards
Peter.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#45 Post by Lever357 »

PeterN wrote:A dealer I know has an Enforcer that has been made up as a .22RF. It was made on one of the spare actions sold off by Enfield at the end of the contract. It has the same woodwork and scope as the 7.62mm ones but a .22RF barrel. The action number is very early 700s. I don't know who put it together, I presume a gunsmith somewhere.
Regards
Peter.
My friend owns no.727, and I'm sure he bought it from Barbican Armoury in Co Durham.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Alpin Sniper L42 A1

#46 Post by Alpin Sniper L42 A1 »

Lever357 wrote:
Regards
Peter.
My friend owns no.727, and I'm sure he bought it from Barbican Armoury in Co Durham.
Happy new year to all of you here bangbang :wave:

I hope that you could find this Serial-No. in the meantime ? ;)

Because I understand in one way that this is an import question which concerns this complete rifle family.. . A widespread family.. On the other side I want to be a bit anonymous here as most of us probably want to be, too :p
Attachments
Lee-Enfield 9-Linge.Pinterest.jpg
Lee-Enfield Overview including Sniper Rifles L42 A1 plus Enforcer.Pinterest.jpg
Enfield Enforcer XXIII..jpg
Alpin Sniper L 42 A1
Alpin Sniper L42 A1

#47 Post by Alpin Sniper L42 A1 »

I have the impression today its easier to find a L42 A1 or then an Envoy, in place of an Enforcer... .

A bit a strange development. Because there were less Envoy-Rifles then the Enforcer.. .
Alpin Sniper L 42 A1
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#48 Post by Lever357 »

Alpin Sniper L42 A1 wrote:I have the impression today its easier to find a L42 A1 or then an Envoy, in place of an Enforcer... .

A bit a strange development. Because there were less Envoy-Rifles then the Enforcer.. .
What makes you say that Alpine??? It's well known there were only 767 Enforcers produced and about half were destroyed once the UK Home Office said the police could not sell them to the civilian market. I have never seen any figures put on Envoy production but given the number seen for sale I would have thought there were a lot more Envoys produced than Enforcers.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#49 Post by GeeRam »

Lever357 wrote:
Alpin Sniper L42 A1 wrote:I have the impression today its easier to find a L42 A1 or then an Envoy, in place of an Enforcer... .

What makes you say that Alpine??? It's well known there were only 767 Enforcers produced and about half were destroyed once the UK Home Office said the police could not sell them to the civilian market. I have never seen any figures put on Envoy production but given the number seen for sale I would have thought there were a lot more Envoys produced than Enforcers.
Plus, many Envoy's are now being sold off by the people that bought them new or nearly new for TR use decades ago, as they are giving up shooting, and never having 'upgraded' to newer tech TR rifles.
Alpin Sniper L42 A1

#50 Post by Alpin Sniper L42 A1 »

Hello Lever357,

As far as I know there were totally ca. 525 Envoys.. In contrast to 767 Enforcers. To the story of the Enforcers belongs this catastrophic"chaptre"of the destroying of many of them wallhead
Alpin Sniper L 42 A1