New series on target shooting

Shooting and reloading related tutorials.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for youtube shooting related content that is educational or interesting. If you have something to add please start a new subject so members can easily find clips. Content can be anything shooting related such as reloading, equipment tutorials and range reports. Members clips are very welcome and try and keep the content UK relevant. The content of the posts in this section can come from many areas and may not necessarily be legal or deemed to be safe practice in the country you are viewing this forum from, use discretion and ask if in doubt.
JSC
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: New series on target shooting

#11 Post by JSC »

Has anyone spotted August 29th is a Wednesday?

Maybe he meant July?

lol
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#12 Post by Thorney »

First episode is here;

https://youtu.be/hdiUc3i3aq0
ordnance

#13 Post by ordnance »

He would need to watch in anti gun UK, he doesn't end up in the same boat as English Shooting.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#14 Post by Gh0st »

ordnance wrote:He would need to watch in anti gun UK, he doesn't end up in the same boat as English Shooting.
Luckily the two entities are nothing a like.

Just watched the Vid, good start look forward to seeing the rest and how they evolve as you get more used to being in front of the camera! :good:
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
ordnance

#15 Post by ordnance »

Gh0st wrote:
ordnance wrote:He would need to watch in anti gun UK, he doesn't end up in the same boat as English Shooting.
Luckily the two entities are nothing a like.

Just watched the Vid, good start look forward to seeing the rest and how they evolve as you get more used to being in front of the camera! :good:
True, but like it or not the police do not like firearms being displayed on Social media for whatever reason. Maybe he has checked with the police and all is fine. :)
Beyond this, every instance is different but if you post pictures of yourself with your firearms on social media and someone can then search to work out your location then this is obviously unwise at best. Depending on the individual situation, carelessness on social media could lead to revocation as a breach of the conditions of your FAC as above as it could compromise your personal safety and security of the firearms.
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#16 Post by Thorney »

I researched the situation ref English Shooting in some detail before we launched and I'm comfortable that the two are utterly different in terms of circumstances.

As for the police, well, you're right, their 'view' is that nothing firearms related should be seen, ever, but that doesnt support or grow our sport or our business so as long as we keep inside the law in terms of what we do there is nothing more to be said.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#17 Post by 20series »

I just watched Ep1 and thought it was very good :good:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
The Gun Pimp

#18 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Damn good effort - great presentation!
ordnance

#19 Post by ordnance »

As for the police, well, you're right, their 'view' is that nothing firearms related should be seen, ever, but that doesnt support or grow our sport or our business so as long as we keep inside the law in terms of what we do there is nothing more to be said
Good looking forward to the next episode. :good:
Gazza

#20 Post by Gazza »

It held my attention so must be good :good:
Excellent presentation :good: