Panorama 20th August

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Fedaykin
Home club or Range: Cawdor

Re: Panorama 20th August

#21 Post by Fedaykin »

The question I have is will there be any representation from any appropriate UK collecting or shooting organisation like the HBSA, NRA or BASC to allow a balanced counter argument? Or will it be as already suggested a soap box for NABIS and continuity ACPO?

If it is the latter then those organisations should be making the appropriate complaints to the BBC Trust due to a failure of impartiality by a flagship BBC news program...
I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz.
I have lived 300 years...

I am immortal.
I present now my story,
full of mystery and intrigue,
rich in irony, and most satirical.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#22 Post by Pete »

Don't hold your breath..........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sim G

#23 Post by Sim G »

It was never going to be anything else bar a hatchet job. The fact is, the numbers quoted, despite being small, support their position. And how did this all come about? Certainly wasn’t helped by dealers such as Paul Edmonds! I have no doubt there will be more, but the fact is, the “knowledge” is now definitely out there. Legislation will have the support of the Commons and our representative organisations are just sh1te...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
AL8

#24 Post by AL8 »

I have contacted B.A.S.C and await a reply
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#25 Post by Pete »

No doubt this programme will have daily mail readers (and apparently a few Fullboreans) choking on their Werthers originals.............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Sim G

#26 Post by Sim G »

It will. It’s a precursor, as with lever release/mars/50 cal, to new primary legislation. And we have nothing to support us. Neither polling numbers or a viable lobbying body....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Robbo

#27 Post by Robbo »

So I watched the program tonight. They skirted very quickly across the supply of the components for making the ammunition, suggesting that not all websites ask for FAC details when buying stuff.

I'm fairly new to this and don't reload yet but I thought that you needed an FAC to buy primers and therefore you couldn't buy them online?
safetyfirst

#28 Post by safetyfirst »

Robbo wrote:So I watched the program tonight. They skirted very quickly across the supply of the components for making the ammunition, suggesting that not all websites ask for FAC details when buying stuff.

I'm fairly new to this and don't reload yet but I thought that you needed an FAC to buy primers and therefore you couldn't buy them online?
I’ve bought shotgun primers over the counter in an airsoft shop before now.

I’ve always been asked for my FAC by any RFD I’ve bought components from, no matter what they are.

Was in the lanes armoury in Brighton on Saturday and saw a young chap with what seemed like no knowledge of pistols at all purchase a .25 calibre (no idea what exact obsolete calibre it was) revolver for £650.

He was in the shop for less than three minutes.
Robbo

#29 Post by Robbo »

Thats just crap. Personally I'd like to see all this stuff "on ticket"....
Last edited by Robbo on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#30 Post by pluginal »

Whatever legislation's they put into place just manages to push firearms deeper underground and less likely to keep track of them. Criminals 1 legal firearms owners 0. They banned handguns and now there are even more used in crimes....just not traceable any more!