Diggle 6&7th August

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

artiglio

Re: Diggle 6&7th August

#11 Post by artiglio »

Ovenpaa,

Another vote for the NRAsc days, cost includes markers, well run and attended, ( on one occasion too well attended) very pleasant days shooting, shoots run on both weekdays and weekends. Shoot 3 to a target, wait for a space, shoot 20 rounds, if no one waiting you can carry on, if not make way for next shooter and wait for another space. If you shoot the f class target you get a bit more trigger time as they're not quite as popular.

Regards phil
rox

Re: Diggle 6&7th August

#12 Post by rox »

kingburyshot wrote:A very time and cost effective way of shooting are the range office targets, open to NRA members, the guide to finding the details is on the NRA website.
I find the most cost-effective way is to share a marked target between 2, 3, or 4 and use it non-stop. Besides the cost, I know how much shooting I'll be able to do and who I'll be shooting with. I hate the thought of spending half a day on the range and not knowing if I'll shoot 6 times or just 2 or 3 times.

Example cost for target shared 4 ways:

Target and marker shared 4 ways, firing in pairs with no delays changing over (i.e. next pair already down and ready to fire immediately previous pair finishes), firing 10 shot course:

20 minutes per detail = 3 details per hour
4 hours per session = 12 details = 24 shoots, shared between 4 = 6 shoots each.

Target and marker (low season weekday rates) = £ 46.00 = £ 11.50 ea
Target and marker (high season weekend rates) = £ 63.00 = £ 15.75 ea

Ammo 60 rounds at £ 0.38 = £ 22.80 (component cost).

Total:
£ 34.30 (weekday low season)
£ 38.55 (weekend high season)

You can obviously work it different ways, e.g. 15 or 20 shot courses, shooting in strings, shared between 4, 3 or 2 if you really want to achieve some barrel wear.

Another way is to take an hour on the 300m range and shoot an English match, i.e. compress your 60 shots into one hour. Works out about the same price.