Tippmann Arms M4-22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

MistAgain

Re: Tippmann Arms M4-22

#21 Post by MistAgain »

BamBam wrote:
MistAgain wrote: You quoted a retail price but forgot to mention sales tax .
No state sales tax on exports.
I am sure that most members of this board would be aware that there is no state or city sales tax on exports .

However I have been informed that I forgot to include the scanning charge .
It seems that some airports will pass this charge on to the freight agent who then charges it to the exporter, but some airports charge it directly to the exporter .

I suppose I should have also included the bank charges as well, but as its only a few pounds or dollars , lets forget about it .
BamBam

#22 Post by BamBam »

MistAgain wrote:
BamBam wrote:
MistAgain wrote: You quoted a retail price but forgot to mention sales tax .
I am sure that most members of this board would be aware that there is no state or city sales tax on exports .

It seems that some airports will pass this charge on to the freight agent who then charges it to the exporter, but some airports charge it directly to the exporter .

I suppose I should have also included the bank charges as well, but as its only a few pounds or dollars , lets forget about it .
Everyone except you.

You've contradicted yourself and shown that you know very little on this subject, you should leave it out.

The Tippman and the Kriss are both over priced in the UK market, got no issue with anyone making a profit, just at those obviously taking the p***.
MistAgain

#23 Post by MistAgain »

BamBam wrote:
MistAgain wrote:
BamBam wrote:

Everyone except you.

You've contradicted yourself and shown that you know very little on this subject, you should leave it out.

The Tippman and the Kriss are both over priced in the UK market, got no issue with anyone making a profit, just at those obviously taking the p***.
I am always happy to learn something new from someone who believes he knows more on a given subject than me .

I assume you have a deep involvement in the gun trade ?
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#24 Post by Gh0st »

"You've contradicted yourself and shown that you know very little on this subject, you should leave it out.

The Tippman and the Kriss are both over priced in the UK market, got no issue with anyone making a profit, just at those obviously taking the p***."

guess it depends on what you class as an acceptable amount of profit versus the work put in.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Hunter87

#25 Post by Hunter87 »

Lol my pretendy Ar15 is better than yours
safetyfirst

#26 Post by safetyfirst »

Hunter87 wrote:Lol my pretendy Ar15 is better than yours
no no, mine is. Does has gotten magpul an bronze rail 4 zombies.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#27 Post by Gh0st »

safetyfirst wrote:
Hunter87 wrote:Lol my pretendy Ar15 is better than yours
no no, mine is. Does has gotten magpul an bronze rail 4 zombies.
Unless it has zombie green paint it doesnt count....c :run:
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk

#28 Post by 7792 »

BamBam wrote:The Tippman and the Kriss are both over priced in the UK market, got no issue with anyone making a profit, just at those obviously taking the p***.
I once received business advice along the lines of "...it's not what it costs you, it's what it's worth to them."

If they are considered overpriced people are more than welcome to go through the process themselves of importing from the USA (including all the relavant legislative issues, ITAR etc) and saving themselves a pretty penny.

Alternatively, there are (clearly) many people who are prepared to pay more than they would otherwise cost in the USA to not have to do anything but pick it up from the RFD.

No one is "taking the p***" they are simply pricing an item at a level they believe people will pay. Anything more than that and people won't buy it and they go out of business. Anything less just isn't good business (you wouldn't negotiate down when discussing salary with an employer...!).
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#29 Post by Lever357 »

Okay, to get back to the gun thread, a friend I have recently got into firearms has just bought a Tippman. I fired it last week and couldn't believe the spring like thwack!!! Not what I was expecting from a gun that was just shy of a thousand pounds. I was shooting gallery rifle yesterday and asked to have a go of another friends S&W M&P, it was a performance centre version but I thought it much more pleasant to shoot - no spring like thwack reverbarating through the gun!!! I know which one I would prefer.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!

#30 Post by 7792 »

Lever357 wrote:Okay, to get back to the gun thread, a friend I have recently got into firearms has just bought a Tippman. I fired it last week and couldn't believe the spring like thwack!!! Not what I was expecting from a gun that was just shy of a thousand pounds. I was shooting gallery rifle yesterday and asked to have a go of another friends S&W M&P, it was a performance centre version but I thought it much more pleasant to shoot - no spring like thwack reverbarating through the gun!!! I know which one I would prefer.
Someone stop me if I am talking nonsense here but...

I think the Tippmann recoil spring goes into the buffer tube like on a real AR whereas the S&W has a recoil spring inside the upper?

I remember when I first fired an M16 I was surprised by how 'springy' it felt and sounded as it recoiled I guess as it happens right by your cheek.

Maybe that's the reason?