Pistol of Interest for 7.3 Collectors

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

John Gunn
Home club or Range: Bisley

7.3 Collectors

#21 Post by John Gunn »

I seems that if you start a collection, say rare or historic Brownings you an add more recent Brownings as you are now a collector.
Several of the guys at Bisley have collections including modern versions of older guns.
I have heard of one person who bought a Scout Car and equipped it will all the WW2 accessories- jerry cans, spades, officer's uniform and of course the officer's Browning Hi Power!
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Pistol of Interest for 7.3 Collectors

#22 Post by bnz41 »

Hi,

Quote Several of the guys at Bisley have collections including modern versions of older guns.

Seems we are in that group, Happy days. :good:

The Scout Car High Power would be a deact,,,
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#23 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I loved every aspect of my pistol shooting days, and also had a very nice eclectic collection, as I suspect most shooters did But when the ban came I took to historic rifle shooting and collecting and have enjoyed every minute of that too. It was a very difficult decision for me as to whether to go down the 7.3 route or also shoot out of country, but the costs and the amount of faffing about made the decision for me, If they ever rescind/ease the ban "Still live in hope before the grim reaper takes me"
I would be back into it like a shot "excuse the pun"
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: 7.3 Collectors

#24 Post by DanTheMan »

John Gunn wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:52 pm I have heard of one person who bought a Scout Car and equipped it will all the WW2 accessories- jerry cans, spades, officer's uniform and of course the officer's Browning Hi Power!
I do know a bloke with a Ferret scout car and a live Browning Hi Power on 7.3

Mauserbill wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:38 pm Hello
I loved every aspect of my pistol shooting days, and also had a very nice eclectic collection, as I suspect most shooters did But when the ban came I took to historic rifle shooting and collecting and have enjoyed every minute of that too. It was a very difficult decision for me as to whether to go down the 7.3 route or also shoot out of country, but the costs and the amount of faffing about made the decision for me, If they ever rescind/ease the ban "Still live in hope before the grim reaper takes me"
I would be back into it like a shot "excuse the pun"
Honestly the costs are not worth worrying about, for example to store a pistol for a year at Bisley is £26 (pretty much all historic firearms increase in value more than this per year anyway) and a full days range hire is £16.
The only faff is the initial application but I reckon it's worth it. Once you are "in" then additional pistols are usually a simple variation with a short justification.
majex45
Home club or Range: Hastings

#25 Post by majex45 »

As they say in t'north "HOW MUCH"!