Bisley Live Gun and Country Sports Show

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
karen

Re: Bisley Live Gun and Country Sports Show

#21 Post by karen »

PS and as we are having to close Century and Melville for Bisley Live why should the NRA be out of pocket?

I don't see why we should be subsidising an outside commercial venture

However hopefully it will be a great success and prices might be cheaper next year!
karen

#22 Post by karen »

ovenpaa wrote:Right, so the NRA is effectively leasing the facilities out in return for a fee, a bit like the Hardley Owners Group did a few weeks ago? Well if it brings some money in then I am all for it.
Yes thats correct
Robin128

#23 Post by Robin128 »

The NRA/Bisley had to accept what the show organiser offered did they? They couldn't have said 'we don't want that for your first show here', given that NRA/Bisley might have an objective to attract numbers and more interest in shooting???

And you don't know what prices they wanted to charge...how could you?...I suspect they had a planned profit in mind...given estimated overheads and volume.

Something to do with elasticity of demand and sound business planning.

You bet prices will be cheaper next year.

I give up, ... again.
karen

#24 Post by karen »

Robin128 wrote:The NRA/Bisley had to accept what the show organiser offered did they? They couldn't have said 'we don't want that for your first show here', given that NRA/Bisley might have an objective to attract numbers and more interest in shooting???

And you don't know what prices they wanted to charge...how could you?...I suspect they had a planned profit in mind...given estimated overheads and volume.

Something to do with elasticity of demand and sound business planning.

You bet prices will be cheaper next year.

I give up, ... again.
I could do as I work for the NRA and am involved in Bisley Live and I do actually know what I am talking about!

However I am not going to broadcast possibly confidential information on a forum

You can think what you want but please do not slag the NRA off for something they have no control over especially when we are all working very hard to make it a success!

Love

Karen
Robin128

#25 Post by Robin128 »

The NRA/Bisley has control over the fee it charges show organisers and who they allow to use their facilities. The NRA/Bisley should choose shows that have ethological objectives similar to those stated in their corporate plan we discussed last year and is gathering dust somewhere.

I don't think the NRA has a clue about business and I think they look after only those that shoot in Bisley, after the old guard and fat cats.

I'm sure you are doing your best Karen...but as usual, any suggestions anyone makes about the NRA hits the wall on here.

I do hope the weather is fine for that weekend.

:D
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#26 Post by the running man »

im ro'ing at bisley live,ive not been told if i get fed or accomadation or if i get petrol money, they said they will let me know,im not going there for free i can tell you................on another note i hate game fair's i know from personal experience that dealers put 10% on top of there prices,the food is astronomical and u cant move for morons ogling everything........theres nothing at a game fair u cant get at one of the trade shows in the pavillions,or ebay!! but having said that i hope it does well...
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#27 Post by dodgyrog »

the running man wrote:im ro'ing at bisley live,ive not been told if i get fed or accomadation or if i get petrol money, they said they will let me know,im not going there for free i can tell you................on another note i hate game fair's i know from personal experience that dealers put 10% on top of there prices,the food is astronomical and u cant move for morons ogling everything........theres nothing at a game fair u cant get at one of the trade shows in the pavillions,or ebay!! but having said that i hope it does well...
I offerred to be an RCO but fuel, food and accomodation was not on offer. A straight £100 per day was the going rate.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
karen

#28 Post by karen »

the running man wrote:im ro'ing at bisley live,ive not been told if i get fed or accomadation or if i get petrol money, they said they will let me know,im not going there for free i can tell you................on another note i hate game fair's i know from personal experience that dealers put 10% on top of there prices,the food is astronomical and u cant move for morons ogling everything........theres nothing at a game fair u cant get at one of the trade shows in the pavillions,or ebay!! but having said that i hope it does well...
Hiya

You should get £100 per day but you need to pay for all your own expenses like food and petrol. As regards accommodation talk to Amanda (accommodation@nra.org.uk) as there are free camp sites and cheaper than normal huts available for those helping.

Where are you ROing as you should have been told this already?

Love

Karen
Christel
Site Admin

#29 Post by Christel »

I think whatever revenue the Bisley/NRA can get in from hosting a shooting event is great.
I am absolutely certain that even if Bisley/NRA said no thank you to the fee then the prices would remain the same with the show organisers. They'll just be laughing at not having to pay a fee.

Honestly, as much as Bisley/NRA can rake in is fine by me.
Not giving to charity is also fine by me, Bisley/NRA is struggling enough as it is.

I think it is a great event idea and I hope there will be more to come (with more revenue for Bisley/NRA).
karen

#30 Post by karen »

christel wrote:I think whatever revenue the Bisley/NRA can get in from hosting a shooting event is great.
I am absolutely certain that even if Bisley/NRA said no thank you to the fee then the prices would remain the same with the show organisers. They'll just be laughing at not having to pay a fee.

Honestly, as much as Bisley/NRA can rake in is fine by me.
Not giving to charity is also fine by me, Bisley/NRA is struggling enough as it is.

I think it is a great event idea and I hope there will be more to come (with more revenue for Bisley/NRA).
Well said!
:clap: :clap: :clap: