Bisley Live Gun and Country Sports Show

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Robin128

Re: Bisley Live Gun and Country Sports Show

#31 Post by Robin128 »

OK to maximise profits then...no ethos just like I said.

But, if it rains...you can blame the weather.

The future of this show with a flat economy has already been written.

Daylight robbery and it will stick to Bisley like the proverbial.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Ovenpaa

#32 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robin128 wrote:OK to maximise profits then...no ethos just like I said.

But, if it rains...you can blame the weather.

The future of this show with a flat economy has already been written.

Daylight robbery and it will stick to Bisley like the proverbial.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
I just looked at the Chatsworth Country Fair and it is GBP49 for three days, sounds like such events are always going to be pricey. People attend such events for many reasons, Christel and I go to Newark as much to meet up with friends as look at the stands. The organisers of Bisley Live are forecasting 30,000 visitors over the three days which seems like a realistic figure for a first event.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#33 Post by the running man »

karen they want me at melville,although nothing is in concreate yet,accomadation is not a gert big tent!! £25 diesel there and back,conbined with £70 for food only leaves £200,ide rather stay home for that.......so they best cover food or travel money.....or ile not be going.
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Robin128

#34 Post by Robin128 »

As I keep saying...if the weather holds they may make money...but it would be nice if just once Bisley stood up for the average person and not the elite who can dig deep.

We need to attract youngsters and this is not the way to do it. The have a go promoters for example are so short sighted. People will think that it costs £10 to shoot 10 clays. Wrong message and that will not change people's buying habits. And no way are those promoters going to say...well it's a lot cheaper than this to shoot...for the potential customers may well ask "Why FFS are you stinging me then when I am considering buying a gun from you???

Just put yourselves in the customers' and NRA members' boots ...just for a second.

:)
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#35 Post by Mike357 »

I guess it is a fact of life with these things.

If I wanted to go go-karting as I was interested in taking it up, I know that local tracks will fleece you for the privelage of doing a 20min session.

The sentiment about trying to promote the sport is an honourable one but not really an option in our commercial society. Suppliers would not attend if they were not going to make money, that is a fact of business. I'm sure the NRA/NSC doesn't have the resource to staff and equip every hands on event themselves in order to drive down cost.

If people consider the event too expensive then they will vote with their feet next year but as has been pointed out, the Game Fair scene seems healthy with plenty people trying archery, air rifle and clay pigeon shooting. Bearing in mind the proximity to home counties and money, it may well be a success.

I wish it every success and am glad something is being tried rather than nothing at all. :clap: :clap:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
rox

#36 Post by rox »

Robin128 wrote:From a business standpoint, if one's objective is to maximise attendance and promote more interest in shooting generally
Wrong assumptions. This isn't an NRA Open day.
Robin128 wrote: "As far as NRA/Bisley is concerned...they could have done themselves a big favour by only charging a very small fee or stating it was fee free"
So the best way to raise revenue from the estate during quiet shooting periods is to let it out for free (and actually make a loss due to the loss of shooting revenue)? I know I'm dumb, but how is that supposed to work?

Robin128

#37 Post by Robin128 »

Forget it Rox...no one here is interested in logic of argument or expert opinion.

:bad:
karen

#38 Post by karen »

Robin128 wrote:Forget it Rox...no one here is interested in logic of argument or expert opinion.

:bad:
Are you the "expert" then? ;)

It doesn't matter what we do some people will always criticise. :cry:

Rox is correct - Open Days promote the sport. If you want to do a lot of interesting shooting and introduce others to the sport come to an Open Day. If you want to buy stuff go to Bisley Live.

Love

Karen
alan108

#39 Post by alan108 »

After reading all the previous posts,i've decided NOT to attend, at a cost of £15 for entry, £25 for fuel,and what ever else I may need in the way of food,i'm only on a pension and it will be nearly 50% of that for ONE day,let alone three (IF I was so inclined.)

WHY ,OH, WHY do organisers have to charge so much!!!!!!

Alan :bad:

PS, Rob, I have to say that I do understand YOUR comments and agree with you.
Well said. :good: :good:
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#40 Post by Mike357 »

£15 entry doesn't strike me as expensive for such an event, especially as it's within p*** distance of London. There is a rail station close to Bisley and a packed lunch always works out cheaper!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!