The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

Post subject: Portable shooting bench
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:04 pm 

I am after some portable shooting benches I have seen them advertised before do people still make them if so does anyone know where I can get some from. I need to be able to shoot a Ruger Precision rifle of it using a bipod.
Due to the NRA screwing up access to the range we have been using 9 months of the year for the last four years I have had to change the type of ranges I book so as a Club we can carry on. Unfortunately, my member's average age is 66 so they struggle to shoot prone so I would like to acquire some portable suitable shooting benches for My Club Members to use.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:22 am 

Form rifle stocks advertise one on their web site

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 am 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: St Giles Yarners and the Three Counties Sporting Club
Talk to Phaedra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:05 pm 
Past Supporter

PM Sent :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:48 pm 

Alpha1 wrote:
I am after some portable shooting benches I have seen them advertised before do people still make them if so does anyone know where I can get some from. I need to be able to shoot a Ruger Precision rifle of it using a bipod.
Due to the NRA screwing up access to the range we have been using 9 months of the year for the last four years I have had to change the type of ranges I book so as a Club we can carry on. Unfortunately, my member's average age is 66 so they struggle to shoot prone so I would like to acquire some portable suitable shooting benches for My Club Members to use.

Diggle has four ranges with covered firing-points all with concrete benches - at 100, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:11 pm 

phaedra1106 wrote:
PM Sent :)

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:41 pm 

The Gun Pimp wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:

Diggle has four ranges with covered firing-points all with concrete benches - at 100, 300, 600 and 1000 yards.

Is it possible for clubs to book ranges at Diggle for the sole use of the club members?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:32 am 

Alpha1 wrote:
The Gun Pimp wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:

Is it possible for clubs to book ranges at Diggle for the sole use of the club members?

Yes but PM me on targetshooteronline@icloud.com and we can discuss exactly what you are looking for.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:44 pm 
Past Supporter

I think our club would be interested in booking a day as well, I tried the web site but it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:58 pm 

phaedra1106 wrote:
I think our club would be interested in booking a day as well, I tried the web site but it doesn't work.

Yeh - we're just swapping servers and updating the site at the same time so it will be down for a week or so. Again, PM me on targetshooteronline2icloud.com and tell me what you want.