First Aid kit

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Ovenpaa

First Aid kit

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

We have skipped around first aid kits before, has anyone got a favourite list of items in their first aid kit, that works from them and why? I would prefer to hear of personal kit rather than something off Amazon or similar. Something based on experience.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Rifleman798

Re: First Aid kit

#2 Post by Rifleman798 »

I have a personal First aid kit in my Range bag and a larger one in the car. Included in it, CAT (Torniquet) Tampons, Cling film, quick clot, FFD, Latex Gloves, Anti Bacteria gel and a couple of other small bits.
Dougan

#3 Post by Dougan »

I've got all sorts of stuff (including some ex Isreali military kit) that I keep at home in case of a serious accident - but for the 'day pack' I keep it small and simple:

For me, most important is Betadine (the 'paint-on' is great for small cuts). Then small teezers and scalpel blade, steri-strips, a couple of decent (large sticky fabric) plasters, small bandage, micropore and some small melolin dressings. Also some pain-killers - paracetamol + codeine.

Best tip I've got - is a small mirror...for if your on your own and get something in your eye.
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

mine is for the car, they're mandatory here.

Much like dougan and rifleman's and with "fabric scissors" like the docs use and spray on plaster for cuts and a burn soothing spray. Also valved barrier for MTM resus, a wee penlight and folding rescue knife for breaking glass/cutting seatbelts...although not quite "medic kit" in its own right..

If you get stuck out here in some places help is a long way away and a long time coming. I also have a few of those chem-light things.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

Std first aid box.

Couple of botts of water.

Couple of fleeces.

Wellies.

Appropriate Moby wire to car for when Moby battery goes flat.

Blanket is always in the car together with shovel in winter months.

Take a first aid course.

Sorry I strayed slightly.

HTH
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Anyone know anywhere online you can get Quick Clot powder (or equivelant)? I've been wanting some for my first aid kit for a while. I've just got a medium sized commercial kit for everything from splinters to burns to broken limbs
DVC
Chuck

#7 Post by Chuck »

try: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... nk4a0zji_b

What about the first Aid folks like St Johns...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Blackstuff wrote:Anyone know anywhere online you can get Quick Clot powder (or equivelant)? I've been wanting some for my first aid kit for a while. I've just got a medium sized commercial kit for everything from splinters to burns to broken limbs
Celox. http://www.medicalwarehouse.co.uk/produ ... sachet-35g
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

Blackstuff wrote:Anyone know anywhere online you can get Quick Clot powder (or equivelant)? I've been wanting some for my first aid kit for a while. I've just got a medium sized commercial kit for everything from splinters to burns to broken limbs
What about Bisto, browns and thickens all in one go.

Good for loose bowels as well. :twisted:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/