Full bore pistol and SLR petition

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.
Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Suppressor

Full bore pistol and SLR petition

#1 Post by Suppressor »

Second largest firearm related petition on the new site after the .22 one.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/463

EVERYONE should sign this. :cheers:
Mr_Logic

Re: Full bore pistol and SLR petition

#2 Post by Mr_Logic »

Cannot sign it as I do not agree with it. I want pistols and slrs but i think revocation of ticket, initially anyway, is OK as is. BUT there does need to be an efficient method of appeal.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Signed. Not that I desperately want pistol back however I would like the choice.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

yep done it :0037: :flag13:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

I've just read the petition out to the wife, who has no interest in guns, but obviously, has no interest in preventing legal ownership. However, the only comment passed was; "Why do they want convicted criminals to have guns as well?"
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

It is badly worded and and I don't think it really does much for our cause as there are plenty of offenders that avoid jail that should never be allowed firearms. I have already signed the pistol petition and I am not really bothered about SLRs so I'm not going to sign it.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Blackstuff

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

Mike357 wrote:It is badly worded and and I don't think it really does much for our cause as there are plenty of offenders that avoid jail that should never be allowed firearms. I have already signed the pistol petition and I am not really bothered about SLRs so I'm not going to sign it.
No problem with you not wanting to sign if because of the badly worded part about convictions, but the second statement is one of the main reasons the petition has to exist in the first place :(
DVC
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Does anyone know anything about Graham Showell who started the petition, the name rings a bell but I cannot place him.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

Agree it is badly worded and could be read as contradictory howver the right of independant appeal is a sound principle.

I've signed both petitions because I think anything that highlights the need for proper and intelligent (yes and pigs might fly) shooting legislation is worth supporting.

It has been the downfall of shooters to have the it doesn't effect me, my interest or discipline attitude. We need to all be behind properly legislated gun ownership regardles if interest and thats the type of national organisation we lack but need.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

signed...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!