www.hunting-sport.com

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

www.hunting-sport.com

#1 Post by Pete »

Ordered 2000 Lapua Scenars on Jan. 23rd, delivered Jan. 27th, paid with credit card, saved £210 on UK prices..........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: www.hunting-sport.com

#2 Post by Lever357 »

Pete wrote:Ordered 2000 Lapua Scenars on Jan. 23rd, delivered Jan. 27th, paid with credit card, saved £210 on UK prices..........

Pete
You must have expensive local suppliers. I got 1000 Scenar .308 for £300 from a local RFD just before Christmas.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Pete

#3 Post by Pete »

Have a look at the UK prices for 6mm and 6.5 mm Scenars................

Pete
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

What does the postage come out at Pete. I just paid £290 for 1000 6.5mm 139grn from local RFD which was a good price. They are 292 euros on the site which equates to £247.50 but there would be postage to go on top.

Apparently I have been told Lapua are going to stop selling Scenars in the 1000 box but they will stll do the Scenar Ls by the 1000
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
CraigH
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#5 Post by CraigH »

Forgive my ignorance ( I have only ever bought at club) - how does this work, if you have to have ammo purchases entered on your FAC?
rox

#6 Post by rox »

CraigH wrote:Forgive my ignorance ( I have only ever bought at club) - how does this work, if you have to have ammo purchases entered on your FAC?
These are bullets, not ammo.
CraigH
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#7 Post by CraigH »

wallhead

Thanks!
Blackstuff

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

CraigH wrote:Forgive my ignorance ( I have only ever bought at club) - how does this work, if you have to have ammo purchases entered on your FAC?
As mentioned above, this was a purchase of just bullets for home loading, not complete rounds of ammunition. Bullets alone do not count as ammunition that needs to be entered on your FAC.

How a person records how much home loaded ammunition they're getting through is a trickier question. Some people keep a written log, some a package of used primers, neither of which are 'officially' recognised other than at a local level, and even then good luck relying on that if anything went to court. Its yet another hole left by poorly written legislation and lack of joined-up thinking on the governments part. 8-)
DVC
Pete

#9 Post by Pete »

I keep a log of every round I load, and another for each shooting session, showing how many rounds fired from each rifle, date, venue, etc. plus scorecards.
My firearms office know that I reload all the ammo that I use, and have never queried ammo consumption.
I only shoot at Bisley, where I'm a life member, and I enclose a copy of the shooters record file (that's created when signing in) whenever I apply for FAC renewal or variation.

Pete
Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

I give them only what I am obliged to.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!