Regulatory compliance case: National Rifle Association

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

Re: Regulatory compliance case: National Rifle Association

#2 Post by hitchphil »

Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

"Gun clubs were historically registered as charities on the grounds that teaching people skills of accurate shooting could be considered as a charitable purpose for the defence of the realm. In the mid-1990s the Commission reviewed the basis of charitable status of gun clubs and concluded that the training of civilians in shooting could no longer be said to promote the defence of the realm for the public benefit. "

Maybe that will change now that we're out of the EU and will need to ramp up our military forces - we'll be on our own if the s*** were to hit the fan some time hence.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#4 Post by TRG-22 »

[Meanwhile, in another instance not happening]

Charity watchdog monitoring Independent Schools Association after it breached rules by engaging in ‘recreational shooting’

The Charity Commission issued the Independent Schools Association (ISA) with formal regulatory advice in May 2019 after finding the charity acted outside its charitable objects by promoting civilian recreational shooting competitions and other activities. Whilst the ISA has made progress in addressing this, it remains subject to close scrutiny by the regulator due to the seriousness of this issue.

Charities must advance their charitable purposes for the public benefit, and the Commission considers that there is only the most tenuous, if any, connection between civilian recreational clay pigeon shooting and the ISA’s charitable purpose of supporting the work of charities who contribute to the well-being of children worldwide.

[/Meanwhile]

Hypocrisy? Double standards?

Surely not.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
TRG-22

#5 Post by TRG-22 »

Caught by the )(#@%&(*)$) edit guillotine again - does it have to be so aggressive?

Anyway.....

Perhaps we could start a campaign to write (not email, that's too easy for them to reply to) to the Charity Commission asking if they will investigate the ISA's engagement in clay pigeon shooting, as it seems to have precious little connection with their charitable purpose. Which is, according to the Charity Commission register:

The object of the Association is the advancement of education by fostering the highest possible educational standards in independent schools through the promotion of fellowship and co-operation among members, associates and affiliates of the Association and through co-operation with other bodies with similar charitable objects.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#6 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:"Gun clubs were historically registered as charities on the grounds that teaching people skills of accurate shooting could be considered as a charitable purpose for the defence of the realm. In the mid-1990s the Commission reviewed the basis of charitable status of gun clubs and concluded that the training of civilians in shooting could no longer be said to promote the defence of the realm for the public benefit. "

Maybe that will change now that we're out of the EU and will need to ramp up our military forces - we'll be on our own if the s*** were to hit the fan some time hence.
not sure where you are going with that ? I would be very surprised if the UK was to increase spending on its Military due to leaving the EU, NATO membership is not currently effected and as long as the UK government stays out of "Regime changing" there is no need for the UK to increase its military establishment.
Or are you expecting to go to war with the EU anytime soon ?
TRG-22

#7 Post by TRG-22 »

Oh please, let's....
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

TRG-22 wrote:Oh please, let's....
Please do be mindful of our illustrious administration team, both of whom are foreigners.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Ovenpaa wrote:
TRG-22 wrote:Oh please, let's....
Please do be mindful of our illustrious administration team, both of whom are foreigners.
Honestly lol
TRG-22

#10 Post by TRG-22 »

I've nothing against them, or the EU.

Quite the opposite, in fact.