Sport England emergency aid fund

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: NRA emergency aid fund

#11 Post by Christel »

Alpha1,

I do not agree with your sentiment.

The various grants and loans available are not that accessible for all.
We'll prioritise organisations whose work does one or more of the following:

Delivers activity in disadvantaged areas, including areas of rural deprivation
Works with one or more of the following groups: women and girls, disabled people, lower socio-economic groups, Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups (BAME), LGBT+, older people, or those with long term health conditions
Organisations that are maintaining an element of self-employed workforce not covered by other funding.
I am not aware of a club/organisation where I live that fulfil those criteria.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Goverment grant for clubs.

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Not all of us shoot in clubs, nor are in a position of influence in our clubs, nor are interested in such things. Right now all of the clubs I shot in are shut down and I have just left what is arguably one of the largest shooting clubs in the UK with 1500 ish members. I have not heard anything significant from any of them in quite a while except for a cursory, we are shut email.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#13 Post by Mattnall »

The two clubs I am on the committee of would not qualify. We do not receive Small Business Rate Relief nor Rural Rate Relief. And we are not in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount. Many clubs without premises may well be in the same boat so this would not help at all.
Alpha1 wrote:One reply.

Reloading: Case tumbling 27 replies. 284 views.

Obviously much more important than having a Club facility to be able to pick up were you left off after this is all over. I despair I really do as a Club Secretary I wonder why I bother.
Did you just post to get replies? This rant and the NRA/Sport England post make you look like an attention seeker. I'm guessing it may be just frustration on your part but just because no one is replying to your post doesn't mean no one is looking at their options in this matter and may have also received the NRA and .gov funding notice from elsewhere.

How many on here are in a position to apply for the grants compared to the number who reload and tumble cases?
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

Fair enough.
greenshoots

#15 Post by greenshoots »

thank you just passed to our club sec

greenshoots
Green by Design
greenshoots

#16 Post by greenshoots »

fixed costs including rent and maintenance that cannot be funded from normal revenues or club reserves.

thats going to be the killer part

greenshoots
Green by Design
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

If Clubs have Charity status if Clubs have disability access etc. If they have disabled members or Junior members I would of thought it was worth a punt. As you say Clubs still have to pay rates rent gas electfic and security for the building.
Andy632
Home club or Range: Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club (& Cawdor Rifle Club)

#18 Post by Andy632 »

Maybe the NRA could give us a refund on the Affiliation fees???????????????

Oh, look, a pig has just flown past my window!
Rifle & Pistol Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#19 Post by FredB »

How many clubs need it? Our income comes largely from mambers subscriptions, payable over the new year period. So, we have our income for the year. Running costs are still there, but funded in the annual budget. We don't have a range fee. We are losing the revenue from the sale of targets and .22 ammo.
Indoor clubs with rent, rates etc are much more likely to need a subsidy and i am sure will apply for it.
Fred
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

I've forwarded it to the committee of one of my clubs (the only one with premises) :good:
DVC