NRA General Council Elections - Vote for me please

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: NRA General Council Elections - Vote for me please

#51 Post by Mauserbill »

NRA
WHY, They did nothing during the 1996 pistol shooting ban.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#52 Post by GeeRam »

Mauserbill wrote:NRA
Its a long time ago now, and my memory isn't what it was, but I don't recall them doing much 10 years before that for the c/f semi-auto rifle ban either?
Chapuis

#53 Post by Chapuis »

Mauserbill wrote:NRA
That's not quite right Bill. As a club secretary I remember receiving a letter from the NRA not encouraging us to all write in to the Cullen enquiry but quite the opposite, actually discouraging us all from replying as they were going to prepare a suitable response.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#54 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Yes I remember that one alright, I remember it as !
To all pistol shooters please keep quite and sit on your hands and do nothing regarding loosing the UKs proud heritage of competition in the world of shooting sports while you also loose your hobby, interest, money, livelihoods, and collections of heritage arms etc etc.
While we the NRA adopt the Neville Chamberlain approach of appeasement with our firmly gripped piece of white paper.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#55 Post by Dark Skies »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
To all pistol shooters please keep quite and sit on your hands and do nothing regarding loosing the UKs proud heritage of competition in the world of shooting sports while you also loose your hobby, interest, money, livelihoods, and collections of heritage arms etc etc.
While we the NRA adopt the Neville Chamberlain approach of appeasement with our firmly gripped piece of white paper.
Yes, that's pretty much my recollection too.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Chapuis

#56 Post by Chapuis »

Dark Skies wrote:
Mauserbill wrote:Hello
Yes, that's pretty much my recollection too.
That pretty much sums it up, and like fools we listened to them. :oops:
MistAgain

#57 Post by MistAgain »

I wonder , how many questions were asked .

And how many questions were answered ?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#58 Post by dromia »

Lack of transparency and meaningful accountability to its membership is another of the NRA's failings.

I seem to recall the charities commissioners saying something about it in their recent damning report about the NRA.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#59 Post by Pete »

Trust me, those of us NRA members who use Bisley regularly are acutely aware of the shortcomings of the NRA organisation and it's personnel..............but the fact is, they're in a sellers market, and they know it...........
They fully understand the passion that most shooters, competitive and recreational, hunters, etc. have for their sport.
They have arguably the best facility in the country, in fact, for a lot of us, the only convenient facility, so if we want to shoot, we just have to suck it up.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#60 Post by Mattnall »

MistAgain wrote:I wonder , how many questions were asked .

And how many questions were answered ?
If you are talking about the general meeting last night, I don't know.

I tried to get on to the video using the app suggested but it kept waiting for the answer to my request to join.
Gave up after a couple of hours.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.