VX Tactical, Harrogate: Anyone used them?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.

VX Tactical, Harrogate: Anyone used them?

#1 Post by 7792 »

Looking to buy something from a company in Harrogate called VX Tactical (www.vxtactical.co.uk) but as best as I can tell they don’t have an actual shop, Facebook hasn’t been updated for a year and no reviews online that I can see.

I don’t get the gut feeling there’s anything dodgy about it but would prefer a first or second hand review of someone who has used them if possible.

Cheers.
MistAgain

Re: VX Tactical, Harrogate: Anyone used them?

#2 Post by MistAgain »

I suspect there is some connection to Viking Arms .

Certainly a lot of their products come from Viking .

#3 Post by 7792 »

Ah, is that a good thing?!

ETA: Looks like you’re right, Viking Arms has same address. The website doesnt have the item I’ve seen on VX Tactical though so wondering if it’s gonna be a ghost page and not available.
MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

There was a trader at the northern shooting show a few years back who used the same address .
They were selling chinese copies of bore snakes , shooting glasses and some very very cheap scopes .

Its probably an arms length operation to move stuff that viking does not want on their normal website.

#5 Post by 7792 »

Hmm, that’s not great. It’s a sight I’m after too.

Perhaps worth a punt if it actually is in stock and if there’s any problems fall back on credit card protection if no joy from seller.
walesdave

#6 Post by walesdave »

Under the complaints section....."Complaints shall be made in writing to Viking Arms Ltd, Summerbridge, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 4BW".

Unless they use a business model of getting complaints sent to other random companies, I'd guess they are one and the same as Viking Arms ;)
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#7 Post by Mattnall »

walesdave wrote: Unless they use a business model of getting complaints sent to other random companies, ;)
Now that sounds like a good idea. razz
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.

#8 Post by 7792 »

Update: So it is a part of Viking Arms, lady on the phone was lovely and very helpful but unfortunately the EoTech XPS2 I wanted wasn’t in stock... though they did offer a discount on the XPS3 for the inconvenience so I took that.

So far, so happy, I’ll update when it arrives!

#9 Post by 7792 »

Sight arrived today, all legit, very happy!

Blackstuff

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

Nice free upgrade! Now you can fork our for some nightvision! :D
DVC