Happy Birthday Prince Philip

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Happy Birthday Prince Philip

#1 Post by Christel »

99 years old today, Danish blood and a great sense of humour, what a character :good:
Ovenpaa

Re: Happy Birthday Prince Philip

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Happy Birthday HRH Phil. What a top man and feck knows what he thinks of all the nonsense going on right now.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

Indeed. The embodiment of Service. Many happy returns.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#4 Post by Lancs Lad »

Ovenpaa wrote:Happy Birthday HRH Phil. What a top man and feck knows what he thinks of all the nonsense going on right now.

Isn't that the truth!

:flag13: LL
Cornish-Viking
Home club or Range: Tamar Rangers, Cornwall Rifle Club, Duchy Shooting Association & Launceston Rifle and Pistol Club

#5 Post by Cornish-Viking »

This is one man id love to have a conversation with. Happy Birthday HRH lollol
- Tikka - 6.5 Creedmoor/MDT ACC
- Schmeisser LMR 223
- 1942 Lee Enfield No4 Mk1
- Bergara B14r Carbon
- CZ 457 Long Range Precision Gen2
- Kriss Defiance DMK
- GSG 1911
- Beretta 686E 12g

https://www.instagram.com/cornish_viking/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#6 Post by dromia »

"The sheer weight of numbers of the human population, our habitations, our machinery and our ruthless exploitation of the living and organic resources of the earth; together these are changing our whole environment. This is what we call progress and much of this development is naturally to the direct and welcome benefit of mankind. However, we cannot at the same time ignore the awkward consequences and the most direct and menacing, but not the only consequence of this change, is pollution... Pollution is a direct outcome of man's ruthless exploitation of the earth's resources. Experience shows that the growth of successful organic populations is eventually balanced by the destruction of its own habitat. The vast man-made deserts show that the human population started this process long ago. There are two important differences today. In the first place the process has gone from a walking pace to a breakneck gallop. Secondly we know exactly what is happening. If not exactly in all cases, we know enough to appreciate what is happening and the need to take care... Pollution is no longer a matter of local incidents, today it has the whole biosphere in its grip. The processes which devastated the Welsh valleys a hundred years ago are now at work, over, on and under the earth and the oceans. Even if we bury all this waste underground there still remains the risk that toxic materials through chemical reactions will be washed out and into underground water courses. If ever there was an area of research more closely related to human welfare it is the problem of the safe disposal of waste and effluents... The fact is that we have got to make a choice between human prosperity on the one hand and the total well-being of the planet Earth on the other. Even then it is hardly a choice because if we only look for human prosperity we shall certainly destroy by pollution the earth and the human population which has existed on it for millions of years... If the world pollution situation is not critical at the moment it is as certain as anything can be that the situation will become increasingly intolerable within a very short time. The situation can be controlled and even reversed but it demands co-operation on a scale and intensity beyond anything achieved so far...I realise that there are any number of vital causes to be fought for, I sympathise with people who work up a passionate concern about the all too many examples of inhumanity, injustice, and unfairness, but behind all this hangs a really deadly cloud. Still largely unnoticed and unrecognised, the process of destroying our natural environment is gathering speed and momentum. If we fail to cope with this challenge, all the other problems will pale into insignificance."

HRH Prince Philip 1969.

"If we are to exercise our responsibilities so that all life can continue on earth, they must have a moral and philosophical basis. Simple self-interest, economic profit and absolute materialism are no longer enough... It has been made perfectly clear that a concern for any part of life on this planet — human, plant or animal, wild or tame — is a concern for all life. A threat to any part of the environment is a threat to the whole environment, but we must have a basis of assessment of these threats, not so that we can establish a priority of fears, but so that we can make a positive contribution to improvement and ultimate survival."

HRH Prince Philip 1970.

An man of unique prescience.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Polchraine

#7 Post by Polchraine »

Cornish-Viking wrote:This is one man id love to have a conversation with. Happy Birthday HRH lollol

Met him and had a short conversation with him 43 years back when I was at BRNC Dartmouth. Unfortunately, I had a lot less gold brand than him and this meant he drove what was said. Very straight forward and honest in his opinions.

I can guess what he might be saying about those where C19 started and the politicians making a mess of things.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#8 Post by DaveB »

Had a brief conversation with him at one of the garden parties at Buck House many years ago. I was quite pleased to have had the opportunity. I always liked him, non-PC comments and all.
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#9 Post by FB66 »

My Dad met him a couple of years back in Liverpool for Queens Celebration. He asked about my Dad's service and my Dad pointed out he had met before in the '70s and my dad had cooked for him at a Naval celebration.
As quick as a flash he said to my dad " Ah are you still putting too much salt in the consume and you have still not sent me the recipe" Winked and walked on.
Polchraine

#10 Post by Polchraine »

FB66 wrote:.
As quick as a flash he said to my dad " Ah are you still putting too much salt in the consume and you have still not sent me the recipe" Winked and walked on.
That is exactly him!

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.