Zoli/Howa/Krico/Santa Barbera .300WM

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

wildrover77

Zoli/Howa/Krico/Santa Barbera .300WM

#1 Post by wildrover77 »

I am in the market for a .300 WM, dont belive in spending a fortune. Have several options 1) A. Zoli 2) Spanish Mauser Santa Barbera 3) Krico 4) Howa

The Zoli is new at £600 the others are used. The Krico is £450 and looks unused, the SB is very good condition only £300 but certainly used and the Howa has a very low round count at £450

They are all good rifles but I am struggling to make a decision. What does abyone think?
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Zoli/Howa/Krico/Santa Barbera .300WM

#2 Post by kennyc »

are you happy with the stocks and triggers on all of them? if you think you might change any of them are parts easily /economically available?
wildrover77

#3 Post by wildrover77 »

Only the Howa or the SB. Don’t know about zoli . Krico no longer in business
Sim G

#4 Post by Sim G »

I would think within the ballpark you're talking of, the Howa will be the hands down winner!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
wildrover77

#5 Post by wildrover77 »

Sim G wrote:I would think within the ballpark you're talking of, the Howa will be the hands down winner!
Why?
kennyc

#6 Post by kennyc »

wildrover77 wrote:
Sim G wrote:I would think within the ballpark you're talking of, the Howa will be the hands down winner!
Why?
lots of aftermarket bits, solid construction, accurate as a breed, lots about (although 300 winmag may limit the choice)
wildrover77

#7 Post by wildrover77 »

Howa is a bit like a skoda, techincally as good as the VW or even the Audi just a little less refined. I am tempted by the zoli or krico, especially the krico.

The SB is a beautful gun, a lot of parker hales were built on spanish actions, so it will be fine
kennyc

#8 Post by kennyc »

wildrover77 wrote:Howa is a bit like a skoda, techincally as good as the VW or even the Audi just a little less refined. I am tempted by the zoli or krico, especially the krico.

The SB is a beautful gun, a lot of parker hales were built on spanish actions, so it will be fine
your money, your choice, slightly confused why you would put the Howa in the list if you consider it a lesser build ? sounds like you have already made up your mind ;)
Chapuis

#9 Post by Chapuis »

Krico made good rifles but obtaining spares especially magazines can be a nightmare.
Howa good basic rifles but forget it if it has a Hogue over moulded stock (too flexible) plenty of potential for improvement though.
Spanish 98 clone, Parker Hale used these actions for years to make cheap usable rifles. Good cheap rifle but rather dated and out of fashion now.
Depending on model the Zoli is a much underrated quality rifle, seems like a very good price. This is the one I would be thinking of buying.
wildrover77

#10 Post by wildrover77 »

I haven’t made my mind. I already own a Howa and a Skoda! I am tempted by the refinement of the zoli/sb/Krico.

I think the zoli styling is very Italian, so am heading towards the sb or Krico