Practical Shotgun

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Victory Glow
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley, Riflemans TSC, Chippenham Rifle & Pistol Club, LERA

Practical Shotgun

#1 Post by Victory Glow »

So, quick question. I have a valid FAC with various calibre's. I’ve got an SGC as well with 2 shotguns one of which is a 3 pop Benelli (non FAC). I fancied a crack at Target / Practical shotgun but don’t know if I’ll like it. Am I able to buy a box of 12g slugs at the RFD to try them out? I shoot target and live quarry in both clubs and private land. Do I need to get slug ammo added to my FAC?
Thanks in advance.
1951 Winchester Model 70 Heavy Barrel 30-06, 1943 Mk4 1* Savage 303, Marlin 1894 357, 1943 K98 7.92, Anschutz 1416, Browning SA22, .30 M1 Carbine straight pull, Benelli & Browning B25 Shotgun, Walther LGV Pro .177
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Practical Shotgun

#2 Post by mag41uk »

You need a variation to buy slug. Its sec one ammo.
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

what club is riflemans tsc?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Victory Glow
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley, Riflemans TSC, Chippenham Rifle & Pistol Club, LERA

#4 Post by Victory Glow »

Riflemans TSC is based at Riflemans Firearms at Hambridge in Somerset. They have a 100m full bore indoor range plus a FT range for air next door. I never have to worry about windage when zeroing in my fullbore kit and have great fun with the 22LR.

Sent from my boing Xs via "An application" app.
1951 Winchester Model 70 Heavy Barrel 30-06, 1943 Mk4 1* Savage 303, Marlin 1894 357, 1943 K98 7.92, Anschutz 1416, Browning SA22, .30 M1 Carbine straight pull, Benelli & Browning B25 Shotgun, Walther LGV Pro .177
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#5 Post by Lever357 »

I recently had 12 bore slug put on my FAC when I applied for a variation for some other stuff and I only have section 2 shotguns. I just explained on the paperwork that I shoot practical shotgun sometimes and have to sit the slug stage out. Got it no problem.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
bradaz11

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

Victory Glow wrote:Riflemans TSC is based at Riflemans Firearms at Hambridge in Somerset. They have a 100m full bore indoor range plus a FT range for air next door. I never have to worry about windage when zeroing in my fullbore kit and have great fun with the 22LR.

lol, they really are trying to be the tunnel aren't they? I've never seen any other club use TSC as an abbreviation.
BamBam

#7 Post by BamBam »

Victory Glow wrote:
Am I able to buy a box of 12g slugs at the RFD to try them out?
Do I need to get slug ammo added to my FAC?
No.
Yes.

Practical shotgun is more birdshot on steel targets, the slug shooting is a lesser component, usually only one stage out of 6+ birdhsot stages.
A 3-shot pump/semi and some clay loads are sufficient to find out if you like Practical or not.
Victory Glow

#8 Post by Victory Glow »

bradaz11 wrote:
Victory Glow wrote:Riflemans TSC is based at Riflemans Firearms at Hambridge in Somerset. They have a 100m full bore indoor range plus a FT range for air next door. I never have to worry about windage when zeroing in my fullbore kit and have great fun with the 22LR.

lol, they really are trying to be the tunnel aren't they? I've never seen any other club use TSC as an abbreviation.
Hmm, don’t get you mate. TSC (Target Shooting Club) - that’s my abbreviation not theirs. I’ve yet to visit The Tunnel at Charmouth, but more than happy with what’s on offer at Hambridge. All targetry systems are brand new from Meggit USA. Covers everything I could wish for from an indoor range too. Why would they want to be anyone else? They also have section 5. Each to their own I guess.

bradaz11

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

Ok then. Apologies. I've just not heard good things tbh. It is closer to me, and they also have sec 7, but it just seems too expensive to me.
Victory Glow

#10 Post by Victory Glow »

bradaz11 wrote:Ok then. Apologies. I've just not heard good things tbh. It is closer to me, and they also have sec 7, but it just seems too expensive to me.
I guess you get what you pay for and what you can afford. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Safety is exemplary, the staff are friendly and totally professional (ex -army / Royal Marines) and keen to share knowledge to make one a better shooter. If you PM me, I would be happy to meet up and let you be my guest (yes, i can do that because the probation is very strict and you have to earn trust). I shoot old military precision target rifles as well as lever action 357 and rim fires. In my opinion, if there was one place I was missing it would be here. Thankfully I’m getting my fix with an excellent local clay ground. Over to you,