My L1A1 SLR UK straightpull

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

dirtbag

My L1A1 SLR UK straightpull

#1 Post by dirtbag »

Hi lads, here is my new baby. Got it today, really happy with it. Its a 1959 Enfield SLR with the true brit wood on it.
Equipped with a british SUIT or L2A2 sight. You can slide it off and slide the original dust cover to go iron sights... videos of this soon, you bet ya !
Attachments
02092011281.jpg
02092011283.jpg
02092011288.jpg
dirtbag

Re: My L1A1 SLR UK straightpull

#2 Post by dirtbag »

more
Attachments
02092011285.jpg
02092011286.jpg
02092011284.jpg
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Cracking looking rifle, I look forward to the video and some range reports.

Haven’t you got those boxes unpacked yet? :D
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dirtbag

#4 Post by dirtbag »

ovenpaa wrote:Cracking looking rifle, I look forward to the video and some range reports.

Haven’t you got those boxes unpacked yet? :D
Thanks mate, no they are my SLR wood that i need to sell !
Sim G

#5 Post by Sim G »

Oh, now that's really nice!! But please, if it started life as a genuine SLR, how is it that it is today, able to be "converted" to a straight pull and S1? I've always thought, S5 was S5, regardless....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dirtbag

#6 Post by dirtbag »

Sim G wrote:Oh, now that's really nice!! But please, if it started life as a genuine SLR, how is it that it is today, able to be "converted" to a straight pull and S1? I've always thought, S5 was S5, regardless....
Hi many thanks, your question (which is a good one) was my very 1st excact question when I put my name down for one of these. I am not going to go into it too much as I am out of my depth with the politics,but all I can say these have legally been classed as section 1 rifles and approved,how I dont know. Not all of the rifle is Enfield i.e barrel + flash hider is deffo brand new + some other bits.

I know of 2 other people that have these,and many others plastering pictures of their over the net.
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

So this has some genuine 1959 metalwork? I always thought the mantra was once an S5, always an S5 and that included the receiver. Now I am really looking forward to seeing it :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dirtbag

#8 Post by dirtbag »

ovenpaa wrote:So this has some genuine 1959 metalwork? I always thought the mantra was once an S5, always an S5 and that included the receiver. Now I am really looking forward to seeing it :good:
I assume so, has an Enfield serial on it and 59. As I said I am out of my depth with the politics, but this is from the makers.

"The Home Office has formally, through FELWG and ACPO classed our L1A1 SLR as unquestionably Section 1. The adaptations to the bolt and carrier mean not only that it could not be converted to S5 use but that the fact it was submitted for formal approval means all Police Authorities will be informed as part of ACPOs guidance."

Thats good enough for me :cheers:
dirtbag

#9 Post by dirtbag »

bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#10 Post by bnz41 »

Looks good birtbag...

Just a question what ammo are you going to use factory/reload. Some years ago I had a FAL straight pull (not the same I know) it suffered from extraction problems until I started using Samson Factory 7.62x51 ammo which I then reloaded, never had anymore problems.