Hello from Arizona

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

yellowhand
Home club or Range: Sierra Vista AZ gun club

Re: Hello from Arizona

#41 Post by yellowhand »

Triffid wrote:Yellowhand.
Welcome to the forum. The difference in attitude to firearms between Arizona and England is stark.

You evidently feel that you need to be able to protect yourself. The question that's been on my mind since reading the various posts is why that is? Is it about being armed because you can be? Or because you need to be?

Triffid
PS I'm not in any way anti-gun or judgemental about this. Just interested!
Both actually.

WE have a very large country, outside the major urban areas, police presence drops down to near nothing per sq mile.
Where I'm sitting right this minute, my home, if I were to call 911, response time most likely an hour, maybe more depending if our Sheriff deputies are up in the northern part of the county, say working a traffic accident, working another case, working a search and rescue mission, etc.

Cochise Country is 6219 square miles of very rugged territory. Cochise County is close to the size of the States of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. We also border Mexico, and Mexican border areas are very well known for being "rough", drugs, drug cartels,etc. Last year, the cartels had a major gun battle in a nearby bordering Mexican border town, Mexican side, and were using crew served weapons in their streets! I'm talking M2 machine guns mounted to pickup trucks!
We hear automatic weapons fire coming across the border kinda often.
One of the average citizens issues living here, we get a lot of illegals crossing the border, and they are often carrying drugs in back packs. Old days, they got spotted, they'd drop their loads and run south, now, they are armed to the teeth and often fight back.
When we first moved here, illegals would show up, suck on a garden hose, maybe ask for food. My wife would feed them, they'd refill their water bottles and head on north.
Now, they are just as likely to break into your home, steal your vehicle, assault you and your family.
https://www.cochise.az.gov/sheriff/patrol-division

Don't get me wrong, I live in a very lovely place, full of very decent people, BUT, it can become very dangerous very quickly! And help can be a long time coming. In 20 minutes here, you can be 15 miles to the nearest paved road, never pass another vehicle, or see a home/ranch house, or another human being. My wife and I often jump into the Wrangler and take off driving old mining and logging roads across the tops of our mountain ranges. A single lane rutted winding "road" :)LOL up to altitudes of 7 or 8 thousand feet. This is a high desert area. My home is at 4800 above sea level. Here, its scrub oak and mesquite trees, 10/12 feet high, maybe.:)LOL A 30 minute drive, we're in 60/100 foot pines, with spring water, and with a temperature drop of 30 degrees and @ 7 or 8 thousand feet.

(Is it about being armed because you can be?)

We are a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.
The people here can vote to end all private firearm ownership tomorrow, but we'll remain armed.
The Bill of Rights, cannot be voted out of existence here.
We see the Bill of Rights as G-D given rights, that no man can take away.
We live by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, not political whim or even voters desires.
The Bill of Rights is not the Bill of Suggestions.:)LOL
Most people outside this country do not understand this, hell, many people here seem not to understand this simple fact some days.

I do not ask permission to anyone to be armed.
I can buy a firearm from a private citizen here, pay cash, pick up firearm, and not report the transaction to anyone!
Why, because I have a G-D given right to be armed.

I and millions upon millions of others here, swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
As well as all elected officials, thought some forget this and need to be reminded in our separate independent court system, which works off the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Every single "law" passed must be Constitutional, cannot go against the Constitution, and if found to be against the Constitution, its thrown out, now null and void!
Is the system perfect, oh hell no. Reason we have several layers of courts. Lower court gets it wrong, goes to the next level, then on up to the Supreme Court.

Our gun grabbers here, do not want any cases going to the SC, because they know they will lose.

I carry firearms to defend myself, my family, my property, insure I can go any damned place I wish to at anytime safely, day or night, and always have at hand the means to defend myself and others from harm. All human beings should have these G-D given rights, worldwide, they don't, but they should.

We have free speech here, because we are armed to the teeth. No one can shut up, lock up, a free man armed to the teeth because they, anyone in fact, does not care for what he is saying. I'm safe in my home, because I'm armed. I've read reports of people being locked up, because they "dared" to refuse to shut up, speak openly above certain subjects, that just don't happen here. Some one breaks down my front door, I'll kill them. The police will show up, collect the remains, write some reports, and go away. Anyone tries to carjack my wife, she'll shoot them in the head, call the police, fill out some reports, and come home safely.

I'll end with this;
The highest percentage of armed people I come into contact with weekly, are sitting in my church services!!!!:)LOL
We've had a few bad church shooting.
You don't see Armed military troops, like in France, outside our places of worship.
Or local police officers.
The decent folks attending religious services here, many that never have owned a firearm, bought one, or two, LOL, learned to use them, and now take responsibility for their own safety.

Freemen are responsible for their own safety and security.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#42 Post by DaveB »

So very jealous of your rights and freedoms.

In the British Commonwealth with the hysteria around foreign nationals during WWI, private ownership of firearms became a privilege, whereas hitherto a British subject had traditionally a right to be armed. It is a dreadful pity that was ever allowed to happen and shooters have been hamstrung by that notion ever since. It's now written right into the law in New Zealand, in the preamble to the latest round of firearms laws. Here's a quote from 2019: "Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced details of the firearm law overhaul on Monday, saying it would come with a message ingrained in law: firearm ownership is a privilege and not a right. "

If I could afford to do so, I would live in Arizona in a heartbeat. Vermont or Montana would be good choices too. However if I lived in Arizona, it could not be down on the flatlands - too hot for me there. I was in Phoenix in August one year - damn near killed me. Temperature-wise it was worse than the time I spent in Cambodia. I would have to live at a higher elevation to have it a bit cooler. How's Flagstaff look as a place to live?
yellowhand

#43 Post by yellowhand »

DaveB wrote:So very jealous of your rights and freedoms.

In the British Commonwealth with the hysteria around foreign nationals during WWI, private ownership of firearms became a privilege, whereas hitherto a British subject had traditionally a right to be armed. It is a dreadful pity that was ever allowed to happen and shooters have been hamstrung by that notion ever since. It's now written right into the law in New Zealand, in the preamble to the latest round of firearms laws. Here's a quote from 2019: "Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced details of the firearm law overhaul on Monday, saying it would come with a message ingrained in law: firearm ownership is a privilege and not a right. "

If I could afford to do so, I would live in Arizona in a heartbeat. Vermont or Montana would be good choices too. However if I lived in Arizona, it could not be down on the flatlands - too hot for me there. I was in Phoenix in August one year - damn near killed me. Temperature-wise it was worse than the time I spent in Cambodia. I would have to live at a higher elevation to have it a bit cooler. How's Flagstaff look as a place to live?

We're at 5000 feet or so, and nice.
Normally does not get crazy hot here, this year, just an anomaly, I don;t care to see repeated.:)LOL
Figure, we're 15 degrees cooler than Tucson, 20 to 22 degrees cooler than Phoenix.
For work, I often went to Phx for meetings, ugh, all us "hill people" from around the state, were happy to get out of there at the end of the day. That place is often still over 100 degrees at midnight!!!!!!!!!
Flag is real pretty, cool in summer time, mid 80's, but does get REAL cold in winter, and wet,lots of rain and snow.
I "worked" a few times in Cambodia, ugh, that humidity, would kill a fellow. Same for all of SE Asia.
We all paid attention to that Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern lady,,,,,,,,,,when she pulled that garbage there. She should have taken that shooter out and hung him in the public square, vs disarming, or,,,,,,,,,,,,,making criminals out of otherwise decent folks.
None of these people seem to want to blame the ass pulling the trigger, just the firearm and decent people.
Took NZ off the places I wish to visit.

And to one and all, I do apologize for the long answer above, not a simple subject to pop in a couple of one liners about.......
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#44 Post by channel12 »

Hasn't Arizona just flipped to a blue state ? Are you heading for Kalistan type gun restrictions in the future ?
yellowhand

#45 Post by yellowhand »

channel12 wrote:Hasn't Arizona just flipped to a blue state ? Are you heading for Kalistan type gun restrictions in the future ?
This election has been rather strange,,,,,,,so far,,,conservative House members have flipped 14 blue House seats from blue to red, held all of theirs, held all the state houses, pick up three new ones, turning them blue to red, added some red governors, and yet, we're supposed to believe, that Trump got more votes than any other conservative Presidential candidate ever and lost to a senile fellow that can't hold a thought longer than 20 seconds at a time. :)LOL

AZ is going in for a complete audit, matching signatures to ballots, throwing out dead people, illegal ballots, etc, already found several thousand dead folks voting, and a judge checked 100 ballots and found a three % error rate, Biden over Trump, which taken out to all the votes, means Trump wins AZ by 100,000 votes or more. This go around, one monitor from each party, and a vote counter, will go over every single vote, all sitting at the same table.

Vote cheating goes on in all elections, but never to this level.

GA yesterday, seems there is video tape,opps, of people hauling out a few hundred thousand ballots from under a table, after everyone was sent home, counting suspended for the evening, and recording 150,000 votes to Biden!
Which alone is more than enough to flip GA blue to red, and that folks is game over for Biden.

Dimwits went all in for the steal on this election, but like everything else they touch, they screw it all up.

AZ has not flipped red to blue, might happen, but what we can see here on the ground, not happening.

Audits underway, courts involved, across half a dozen states, which is actually, just half a dozen cities where we know cheating is widespread.

This election is far from over, regardless of what the press says.
Standby.:)LOL
yellowhand

#46 Post by yellowhand »

channel12 wrote:Hasn't Arizona just flipped to a blue state ? Are you heading for Kalistan type gun restrictions in the future ?
BTW, enough of us will never comply, which opens up a whole other can of worms.
They can pass anything they want too, most likely will if given the chance, enforcing it, thats going to become a major problem.

They would be still be facing off with 7 or 8 millions combat vets, armed to the teeth, with more ammo than most large countries, that still know how to shoot, move and communicate.

We've all been asking, whom could they find stupid enough to try and collect firearms from millions of people not willing to give them up??????:)LOL

California government officials even state, with all their crazy gun laws,they got maybe a 5% compliance rate after 40 years and countless laws passed.

Our law enforcement people refuse to enforce this stupid stuff.
Most of them are local people, that live in local communities.

Folks here, have a long history of non compliance.
I seem to remember a time, when some fellow in a white wig, bright red coat, said, pay this tax or face the finest Army on earth.
We took the or else.LOL

We have a long history of taking the or else...........................................
yellowhand

#47 Post by yellowhand »

Christel
Site Admin

#48 Post by Christel »

There is no way Biden won this election fair and square.

The Democrats have been stealing, lying and cheating their way through life ever since day one, when they were in charge of the South they even prevented the Black people from voting despite it being a constitutional right. Nice one.

I know I know - we are not to be judged by our fathers and their fathers sins. However...today's' Democrats have not improved.

I do envy you your weather...Britain is very wet and cold.
yellowhand

#49 Post by yellowhand »

This below is one of the many things we have working in our favor here.
With very few exceptions, our county Sheriffs, are the law enforcement agency with the highest level of manpower in each county in the whole of the country.
Our county Sheriffs, are daily telling Governors, Congress, Courts, etc, to pound sand, we'll simply not comply with blatant Non Constitutional orders, etc.

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/12 ... 75-n289675
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#50 Post by DaveB »

Man, I wish we had some of that here!