Ready for some numbers?

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Ready for some numbers?

#1 Post by Christel »

https://www.ft.com/video/0cd6f9f9-664e- ... e59d7c746c

FT looking into C-19 numbers, comparing them to other years.

Makes for interesting listening.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Ready for some numbers?

#2 Post by Pippin89 »

Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to explain peoples errors with using stats from ONS for some time. This does a better job than I could.
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

I kinda knew how the stats work however after having listened to this it made more sense.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#4 Post by dodgyrog »

I believe some of the stats that were obtainable from the Office of National Statistics have been withdrawn as they don't support the fairy stories of doom in the Main Stream Media
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Pippin89

#5 Post by Pippin89 »

dodgyrog wrote:I believe some of the stats that were obtainable from the Office of National Statistics have been withdrawn as they don't support the fairy stories of doom in the Main Stream Media
I am guessing you didn't watch the video? It explains all about how the statistics are reported and why they seemed lower than reality.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#6 Post by channel12 »

A very interesting and very factual explanation of the figures. There was no attempt to politicise the data just here are the numbers and that's why they are what they are.
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#7 Post by channel12 »

Many years ago researchers were looking into heart diseases and looking at mortality records of a number of different countries. They discovered that the French had far fewer of recorded deaths from heart attacks and there was then much speculation as to the reasons. Maybe it was lifestyle or diet or the drinking of red wine which prevented heart attacks. Unfortunately for all you red wine drinkers the real reason was this; when a Frenchman clutched his chest and dropped down dead the doctors just recorded cause of death on the death certificate as "seizure" not heart attack. (This is no longer the case and there are international agreed descriptions )

All of which brings us back to international comparisons of Covid deaths and how they are recorded by each country, that is died of Covid or died with Covid or presumptive Covid because not tested.
Pippin89

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

channel12 wrote:Many years ago researchers were looking into heart diseases and looking at mortality records of a number of different countries. They discovered that the French had far fewer of recorded deaths from heart attacks and there was then much speculation as to the reasons. Maybe it was lifestyle or diet or the drinking of red wine which prevented heart attacks. Unfortunately for all you red wine drinkers the real reason was this; when a Frenchman clutched his chest and dropped down dead the doctors just recorded cause of death on the death certificate as "seizure" not heart attack. (This is no longer the case and there are international agreed descriptions )

All of which brings us back to international comparisons of Covid deaths and how they are recorded by each country, that is died of Covid or died with Covid or presumptive Covid because not tested.
Yes, unfortunately, in this country at least, we cannot test every single person to ascertain whether they died from Covid or other means. So figures are simply reported as "died within 28 days of a positive covid test".
The figure that will give us an indication in the fullness of time will be excess deaths during the Covid period.
This is nothing new. You will note that every pandemic in history gives a large range for the number of deaths for this exact reason (although past pandemics didnt have the resources we have today, the same is still relevant).
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Pippin89 wrote: The figure that will give us an indication in the fullness of time will be excess deaths during the Covid period.
This :good:

https://fullfact.org/online/2020-death-toll-comparison/
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

Funny how the media said last year there was no chance of covid passports and mandatory vaccines - and yet here we are! :twisted:

I'll stay wityh my hefty pinch of salt thanks.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!