All military training rifles gone!!

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
tikkathreebarrels

All military training rifles gone!!

#1 Post by tikkathreebarrels »

Well, that's it. Simon Pemberton took delivery of my Lee Enfield No.8 yesterday to advertise and sell for me, Chris Smith has several with which to do the same, so the process that started a few weeks ago with a flying visit to dromia has been completed. :cool2:

All.22 military training rifles gone and out of my life. They were huge fun to collect, shoot and compete with but, in the end, the "locked away out of sight" syndrome got the better of me.

Still got the Sako Range wabbitting wifle but for paper punching it's FTR class for me now and F Class in the future.

Still got a No4 MkI* and a Schmidt-Rubin for open sights but unless we can get back onto the battle area ETR targetry I can see their days being numbered.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: All military training rifles gone!!

#2 Post by Christel »

Having only a long distance rifle myself all I can say is...

:goodjob:

I do have two others on my ticket but they are "ours" :D
Tower75

Re: All military training rifles gone!!

#3 Post by Tower75 »

tikkathreebarrels wrote:Well, that's it. Simon Pemberton took delivery of my Lee Enfield No.8 yesterday to advertise and sell for me, Chris Smith has several with which to do the same, so the process that started a few weeks ago with a flying visit to dromia has been completed. :cool2:

All.22 military training rifles gone and out of my life. They were huge fun to collect, shoot and compete with but, in the end, the "locked away out of sight" syndrome got the better of me.

Still got the Sako Range wabbitting wifle but for paper punching it's FTR class for me now and F Class in the future.

Still got a No4 MkI* and a Schmidt-Rubin for open sights but unless we can get back onto the battle area ETR targetry I can see their days being numbered.
The internet is TOO small :lol: I know both of them. They're in my club.
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?