RFD charges....

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
capper

Re: RFD charges....

#41 Post by capper »

That’s interesting Christel, so much for fairness & a level playing field.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#42 Post by Dellboy »

Christel wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:36 pm capper, please bear in mind that although the PO takes firearms if there is an RFD involved at either end, if the parcel exceeds the dimensions for PF24 then it reverts to PF48 which is not allowed.

It is a bit weird how PF operates, the price paid per parcel is down to when one opened an account. I know of people within the trade paying less than a tenner per parcel...it has nothing to do with volume.
its also how near you are to a main hub ..
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#43 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dellboy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm its also how near you are to a main hub ..

I did not realise that. Our charges did not change when we moved to Lincolnshire and distance to hub is quite a bit different. Do you have an account with PF?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#44 Post by Dellboy »

Ovenpaa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:11 pm
Dellboy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:06 pm its also how near you are to a main hub ..

I did not realise that. Our charges did not change when we moved to Lincolnshire and distance to hub is quite a bit different. Do you have an account with PF?
i enquired at two diffent addresses and the one closest to their hub was around 12 % cheaper
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.