SGC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Bioarm
Home club or Range: Barwick in elmet clay ground

SGC

#1 Post by Bioarm »

Hey everyone.

I'm in the process of obtaining my SGC via WYP. I started back in September and payed the fee on the 22nd. I've had no other communication from the FEO since and I'm now in limbo with regarding the Medical Verification that came into effect on 1st November. I have idea on whether to wait for some sort of communication from them about it or even if it will effect me after starting the application process back in September.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: SGC

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

WYP. ?
You need to contact your local licencing dept and ask them they are the only ones who can answer your question.
Bioarm

#3 Post by Bioarm »

WYP West Yorkshire Police.
Tried ringing them a few times now and it just rings with no answer. Was hoping someone might have been in the same predicament.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

From memory the medical is valid for a set time? Keep trying to contact your local firearms department or your FEO if you have the number. Nothing wrong with asking where you are in the system given that you have just received your medical. Although they should know the medical has been issued and should contact you. Sep is not a long time tbh.
Bioarm

#5 Post by Bioarm »

Christel wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:56 pm From memory the medical is valid for a set time? Keep trying to contact your local firearms department or your FEO if you have the number. Nothing wrong with asking where you are in the system given that you have just received your medical. Although they should know the medical has been issued and should contact you. Sep is not a long time tbh.
Hey Christel
I've not received anything to do with my medical. I was asking about the New Medical Verification rule that came into effect on the 1sr November and whether or not I would need to get one even though I started my application process back in September. Even the other shooters at my local clay club (Barwick In Elmet) are perplexed by it all too. The only number I have been trying is the WYP Firearms Licensing Department. Will ask about again this Sunday at my clay shoot to see if anyone has the number for the FEO instead.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Some FLDs are only responding to emails (and some to phone calls), so if you're getting no joy on the phone, try that
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Ah, apologies, got that wrong. As more forces are implementing the medical (what nonsense) it will be interesting to hear what the situation is, please keep us updated.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

Surrey Sussex have on their website that the medical needs to be submitted within 10 days of the application and if they don't receive it they will throw the application out. If you haven't been refunded then I would guess this hasn't happened. But check the website for their policy.
Graham M

#9 Post by Graham M »

firelic@westyorkshire.police.uk

01924 292310 / 292312 / 292330
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Bioarm

#10 Post by Bioarm »

Graham M wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:00 am firelic@westyorkshire.police.uk

01924 292310 / 292312 / 292330
Thanks for the contact details. Sent them an email in instead, hopefully hear back soon.