DSTL breaks cover with a prototype rifle.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: DSTL breaks cover with a prototype rifle.

#11 Post by BamBam »

Mattnall wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:07 am
MistAgain wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:42 pm Perhaps in the interets of fairness and for the benefit of new members to this group , you could point out that you have a relationship with Lantac ?
I just thought he was a big fanboi. ;)
I've had 7 firearms from Lantac so far, able to sell an older one to pay for a newer one each time, that's my fair relationship.
Now if you don't mind, keep the thread on topic.
MistAgain

#12 Post by MistAgain »

BamBam wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:51 pm
Mattnall wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:07 am
MistAgain wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:42 pm Perhaps in the interets of fairness and for the benefit of new members to this group , you could point out that you have a relationship with Lantac ?
I just thought he was a big fanboi. ;)
I've had 7 firearms from Lantac so far, able to sell an older one to pay for a newer one each time, that's my fair relationship.
Now if you don't mind, keep the thread on topic.
Can you remember what company name was on your Shot Show ID Pass ?
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

MistAgain wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:19 pm Can you remember what company name was on your Shot Show ID Pass ?
Of course I can, SHOT was awesome, have you ever been?

I have Gundoc, another member here, LANTAC USA gun builder usflag.gif to thank for getting me into SHOT. We used to shoot together when he was still in the UK and a member at Rossendale. We shot the ProAm 3 gun match together at Rockcastle Kentucky USA in 2017, shortly after he had moved to Texas for Lantac, I used a box fresh Glock 17, Lantac Raven and Benelli M2. Pretty sure this is all old news as I posted about it all previously.

LANTAC USA are a great bunch and I was happy to help out in return for my SHOT pass. They got me into ATACS at Nellis AFB where I got to grips with stuff from H&K, Knight's Armament, LMT, FNH and other big name defence players. Always amusing when Chris Costa starts talking to you and you have to tell him you're just an enthusiastic Lantac customer from the UK who can't have proper handguns!

There are other Lantac customers who have had booths at shows I didn't attend in the UK, using their own Lantac rifles on the display. :flag13:
MistAgain

#14 Post by MistAgain »

"Show management must be able to verify that each person that attends works for the qualified company."

I guess thats the answer , you do have a relationship with Lantac .
BamBam

#15 Post by BamBam »

MistAgain wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:37 pm "Show management must be able to verify that each person that attends works for the qualified company."

I guess thats the answer , you do have a relationship with Lantac .
What does any of this have to do with the DSTL FILS rifle?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#16 Post by Sim G »

BamBam wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:53 pm What does any of this have to do with the DSTL FILS rifle?
I've got to agree with Iain, WTF does this have to do with the news of the weapon development? Actually, if he was in the employ of Lantac, then we might be in for little snippets before press release!

And not only that, I'll ask it now. Any gun companies out there want to put me on the books as "tea boy" or something to get me out to SHOT show?!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
MistAgain

#17 Post by MistAgain »

Sim G wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:32 am
BamBam wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:53 pm What does any of this have to do with the DSTL FILS rifle?
I've got to agree with Iain, WTF does this have to do with the news of the weapon development? Actually, if he was in the employ of Lantac, then we might be in for little snippets before press release!

A level playing field is all I hoped for .

And not only that, I'll ask it now. Any gun companies out there want to put me on the books as "tea boy" or something to get me out to SHOT show?!
Companies who break the Show rules can be banned from future shows . As Shot has a wait list for exhibiting , they dont care who they boot out .
IWA is the same , they booted out one of their long time exhibitors a couple of years back for bending a rule .
You stand a better chance of getting to Shot if can convince them you work for a shooting publication or an online shooting site.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#18 Post by Sim G »

Is that the issue, You missed out on SHOT show?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

MistAgain

#19 Post by MistAgain »

Sim G wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:35 pm Is that the issue, You missed out on SHOT show?
I have no issues with Shot , I havnt missed out .
Sim G
Past Supporter

#20 Post by Sim G »

It was the live in the middle of my quote about a “level playing field”…

I just struggled to see what the animosity towards Iain and whatever relationship he has with Lantac, was.