DSTL breaks cover with a prototype rifle.

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: DSTL breaks cover with a prototype rifle.

#21 Post by BamBam »

MistAgain wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:22 pm
Companies who break the Show rules can be banned from future shows . As Shot has a wait list for exhibiting , they dont care who they boot out .
IWA is the same , they booted out one of their long time exhibitors a couple of years back for bending a rule .
You stand a better chance of getting to Shot if can convince them you work for a shooting publication or an online shooting site.
When did you go to IWA?
MistAgain

#22 Post by MistAgain »

I didnt go last year , or the year before !
BamBam

#23 Post by BamBam »

There's video and more details here:

https://www.forces.net/news/dstl-unveil ... ault-rifle
MistAgain

#24 Post by MistAgain »

Sim G wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:23 pm It was the live in the middle of my quote about a “level playing field”…

I just struggled to see what the animosity towards Iain and whatever relationship he has with Lantac, was.
I have no animosity towards Iain whatsoever . If he is the unofficial mouthpiece for Lantac , good for him , but maybe he could put a little comment at the end of his posts that he does favours for Lantac from time to time . It has been commented on before I believe .

As for Lantac guns , I have handled one but not fired it , it felt ok . I have also handled another well known make , but not fired it , this rifle just seemed to be a total fit so its on my short list .

But then I was able to fire another well known make , after about 10 shots I wished I had not started . The owner thought he had put about 800 rounds through it , just about everything on it rattled or seemed loose so maybe he meant 8000 rounds . But that wont put me off buying a new one from the maker .

I wish I still had my M14 !
BamBam

#25 Post by BamBam »