New Historic Shooting Club for Young People

Moderator: dromia

Sfwh

New Historic Shooting Club for Young People

#1 Post by Sfwh »

The London Historic Shooting Club is a new, fully home office approved club, for under 30's interested in shooting historic rifles.

We are based out of Bisley in Surrey and primarily shoot at distances of 100-300 yards but we also shoot gallery rifle at shorter distances.

Our aim is to be an accessible, affordable (membership is £35 a year) and friendly club enabling young people with an interest in shooting, no matter who they are, to shoot historic firearms - regardless of the age, design or origin nation of said firearms.

Whether you are a complete beginner or are a current firearms license holder you are welcome at LHSC. You will be provided with the training to both practice safe handling and improve your marksmanship skills. If you choose to compete in our competitions, your scores will be compared to those using firearms of a similar age. This means that whether your preference is for modern rifles like a UK legal AR-15 with a bipod, high-powered scope or a rusty old smoothbore Japanese matchlock, you will never find yourself with any more of a disadvantage than those who originally used these firearms.

For those who might be interested our website and facebook are:

https://www.londonhistoricshootingclub.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/londonhistoricshootingclub/
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: New Historic Shooting Club for Young People

#2 Post by dodgyrog »

Sounds good but I doubt the legality of excluding those of 30 years of age!
Anyway, I wish you success
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Sfwh

#3 Post by Sfwh »

The aim of the club is to encourage young people to approach the historic shooting discipline. For this reason, we have a target market and age brackets just the way BYSA does, that does not mean we will turn away everyone who shows's interest and is over 30 just that there are already many clubs available for those over our age bracket.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#4 Post by Alpha1 »

We shoot all sorts of Historic stuff and we don,t care how old or young you are as long as you take part. If you restrict the age limit you may run into problems if some one challenges it.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

I checked out your Web site and your face book page. I see some of the members like to dress up for the occasion. Looks like a group of like minded people having fun to me. Good luck.
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#6 Post by Vossie »

I spoke with these guys a while back for a friend who was London based, it was a good conversation and being over 30 was not an objection at all.
My friend and I are both Bisley based shooters anyway.

I hope we catch up at the range and have chin wag and share this passion for historic firearms.
Welcome and good luck.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by Pete »

I'd like to see the accompanying dress for a rusty old Japanese matchlock........ teanews

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....