Just started on the road

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Graham M

Re: Just started on the road

#31 Post by Graham M »

Be careful what you wish for. Gas, electricity and water were hived off to private enterprise and the prices went through the roof to pay greedy people.
Do you really believe that a private security company would be satisfied with the current costs of issuing a certificate. teanews
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#32 Post by GeeRam »

Graham M wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:11 pm Be careful what you wish for. Gas, electricity and water were hived off to private enterprise and the prices went through the roof to pay greedy people.
Do you really believe that a private security company would be satisfied with the current costs of issuing a certificate. teanews
Indeed.

Plus would they really know any better, as it would just go out to tender, and be awarded on a bid basis, not whether they had experience on such matters.

Imagine it was won by G4S or some other crappy company, it would be even worse than it is now by a long way......

The statement a few posts back about HO requirements that we know nothing about is a tad worrying...?

I wonder if the reduced staffing is because the HO have introduced new requirements for FEO's as a result of Plymouth, and existing ones have left/decided they don't wish to continue to do the job under the new rules...?
lovemunkey187
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts & Phoenix Range

#33 Post by lovemunkey187 »

UPDATE...

Applications were reopened on 11/04 and on 14/04 I had a phone call from the FLO to schedule a home visit. lollol

So fingerscrossed for the end of the month...... just need to try to make it look like I'm not a complete hoarder now.
Hey, dawg. Didya see the size of that chicken?
lovemunkey187
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts & Phoenix Range

#34 Post by lovemunkey187 »

Had my home visit.
FEO was mostly happy, my reasoning for the guns I had put on my application was plausible. But didn't get a yes.

He wasn't happy with the position of my cabinet and wants me to get a second ammo safe to ensure that I have enough space for everything.
Hey, dawg. Didya see the size of that chicken?