Hello from Bisley

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

KevinTickner
Home club or Range: The Old Sergeants Mess Bisley

Hello from Bisley

#1 Post by KevinTickner »

Hi everyone, a newbie here. I live in Bisley within hearing distance of the ranges. Pop, Pop, Crack, KaPow is my everyday accompaniment. I'm interested in shooting .308 Imperial and shotgun clays and skeet. I started all this about two years ago but boy oh boy, hasn't Covid intervened horribly.
Anyway in this new year I find myself the proud owner of a Winchester P14 that has actually been used in the Imperial at Bisley. So things are looking up. Hope you are all well and healthy, I look forward to conversing with you on the forum.

Cheers,
Kevin
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Hello from Bisley

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Hi and welcome.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by 1066 »

Hi there Kevin - Bisley on the doorstep, P14..An excellent start. I shot a P14 .303 in my first competition at Bisley (1963 - 900yds)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

Hello Kevin .... welcome to the UKCAF! :good:
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

KevinTickner, welcome :)
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#6 Post by 20series »

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum, very envious of having Bisley on your door step ..

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#7 Post by Mattnall »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#8 Post by hitchphil »

Hi - if you want to shoot the TR Imperial? '308 imperial' then best to join the lmra & do their TR skills course....... see you out there some day ......
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
KevinTickner
Home club or Range: The Old Sergeants Mess Bisley

#9 Post by KevinTickner »

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, much appreciated.
To Hitchphil and 1066,
I've been trying to find courses and also shooting clubs to educate me in TR shooting. To say the least, the response has been underwhelming which led me to this forum. I figured there must be people somewhere who have had similar problems. I have tried the NRA of which I am a member - nothing. I've tried emailing three clubs of which only the OSM replied and even tried contacting the chap whose contact info is on the NRA TR website, still nothing.
Hmm, maybe it's me?!
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#10 Post by hitchphil »

KevinTickner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:05 pm Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, much appreciated.
To Hitchphil and 1066,
I've been trying to find courses and also shooting clubs to educate me in TR shooting. To say the least, the response has been underwhelming which led me to this forum. I figured there must be people somewhere who have had similar problems. I have tried the NRA of which I am a member - nothing. I've tried emailing three clubs of which only the OSM replied and even tried contacting the chap whose contact info is on the NRA TR website, still nothing.
Hmm, maybe it's me?!
I present the TR skills course but mainly for Unis & BYSA- LMRA will run it but they probs want you to be a member but thats no bad thing. No replies is probs becuse of C19, winter etc so ask again, or pm me. Only NRA, LMRA & NLRC run the TR course. OSM dont & Artists send their folks to LMRA I think.
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?