Shooting Shed Bipod thingy

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Shooting Shed Bipod thingy

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I recently purchased one of the Shooting Sheds bipods they are used by F class shooters etc.
My original thought was to fit it to my Ruger Precision generation 2 rifle But when the bipod arrived I discovered it comes with an Anschutz rail fitting so it will not go on the Ruger. As the Ruger is more of a practical rifle I have given up on the idea of fitting it to the Ruger. It will go on my Steyr SSG. So I am still looking for a suitable bipod for the Ruger I am thinking one of the ones that mount on the top of the front rail. Any suggestions as to a suitable bipod. What are the Practical Guys using now a days. I have several Harris bi pods so they are not some thing I need to look at.
The Gun Pimp

Re: Shooting Shed Bipod thingy

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Look no further than the Fortmeier.
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#3 Post by johngarnett »

Alpha,
Contact David Bonwick at Shooting Shed. I'm sure he will help.
JohnG
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#4 Post by stottycake »

Another vote for the fortmier 👍
Alpha1

#5 Post by Alpha1 »

stottycake wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:18 pm Another vote for the fortmier 👍
Am I right in thinking you need to buy a spigot adapter to mount the bipod to. What length would you recommend for the Ruger precision I intend to mount it on the top using the 12 o clock version. Should I go for the short the medium or the long version.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Instead of buying something German why not ask the Shooting Shed bipod manufacturers for a drawing of an adapter to suit Harris bipod studs, or even better the part?

:)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
The Gun Pimp

#7 Post by The Gun Pimp »

The fixing that comes with the Fortmeir will fit straight on to your Ruger's pic rail. Go for the long version if you're fitting on top.
Alpha1

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

Ovenpaa wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:08 pm Instead of buying something German why not ask the Shooting Shed bipod manufacturers for a drawing of an adapter to suit Harris bipod studs, or even better the part?

:)
I am perfectly happy to fit the Sheds bipod to my Steyr SSG. My Steyr has been tricked it is not the standard SSG. The magazine well has been replaced with a metal magazine well and takes standard 10 round mags. It is fitted with a Picathingy rail with 20mm of angle. 30mm mounts and a Vortex scope. I normally run it with a Harris bipod and a back bag. I am interested to see how it performs with the Sheds bipod.
As for the drawing and adapter thank you for the offer but I have all ready looked at making a Anschutz short rail to fit it on the Ruger should I decide to go down that route.
The Sheds Bipod is awesome by the way.
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

The Gun Pimp wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:20 pm The fixing that comes with the Fortmeir will fit straight on to your Ruger's pic rail. Go for the long version if you're fitting on top.
All the adds for Fortmeir bipods I have looked at say you have to buy the mounting adapter separate.
They are quoting on average £320 for the 12 o clock long.
Then its £85 to £90 for the rail adapter.

I am not bothered about the price I just want to make sure I order the right bits.
The Gun Pimp

#10 Post by The Gun Pimp »

If you're top mounting it the long version is the one to go for.
fort.jpg