Shooting Shed Bipod thingy

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Shooting Shed Bipod thingy

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Thanks.
The Gun Pimp

#12 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Sporting Services are advertising them for £259 and that looks to include the mount - but doesn't say if long or short leg.
stottycake
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Tcsc,.gardners guns,

#13 Post by stottycake »

Alpha1 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:58 pm
stottycake wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:18 pm Another vote for the fortmier 👍
Am I right in thinking you need to buy a spigot adapter to mount the bipod to. What length would you recommend for the Ruger precision I intend to mount it on the top using the 12 o clock version. Should I go for the short the medium or the long version.
As has been said the long version, I've also used the fortmier at the 6 o,clock position mounted to a picatinny rail without buying any add ons,
Alpha1

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

I have ordered the over the top long version, of the Fortmier. I still think I need to order a spigot adapter but we will see what turns up. I have ordered it for next day delivery.
I have also ordered a short Anschutz rail to adapt in case I want to use the Sheds bipod on the Ruger.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

They are delivering it to morrow. (Wednesday.) If it turns up that's pretty impressive. Once it arrives I will be able to determine whether I need to order a spigot or not.
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

It arrived to day it does not come with the mounting you have to buy it separately its about £75. So I need to order one of them. So that works out at roughly £345.00 which makes it approx £50 more than the Shooting Sheds offering.
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

A word of advice if you decide to invest in a Fortmier bipod make sure they have the mount in stock. I have just done a Google search and no one has the mount in stock. So I wont be using that any time soon.
I have taken to morrow off I have some stuff to do in the Shed while I am in there I will have a look at making an adaptor for the Shooting Sheds bipod.
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

I can get a mount for the Fortmier but I will have to order it from Germany. I have filed it in the bottom draw with all the other Gubings I thought were a good idea at the time. The bottom drawer must be worth a few bob by now.
The Gun Pimp

#19 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Is that direct from Fortmeir? I could do with a second mount myself. Do you have a website?
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

I ended up ordering one from Holland from prooptics mainly because the site was in English ordering was straight forward and they accept paypal. There is a charge for using paypal but its a small charge.
https://www.proptics.eu/

This has turned into a very expensive bipod I hope its worth it. I need to order some M Lok rails so I can fit it.