RCBS universal hand priming tool.

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

RCBS universal hand priming tool.

#1 Post by Alpha1 »

I recently purchased a RCBS universal hand priming tool. I have used it to prime 100 small pistol primers. The primer flipper tray was a chew on and when snapping the cover on some of the primers turned over to the wrong side. It took several attempts to get it right. One of the cases flew over my shoulder when trying to seat the primer. All in all I don't like it. Back to the drawing board.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: RCBS universal hand priming tool.

#2 Post by dodgyrog »

You're all thumbs! They work well for me. Use the Lee primer tray, they are better.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha - I shoot pretty well every weekend - McQueen, F Class, Benchrest etc but I'm only loading about 30 rounds max. So I don't need a priming tool with a tray that holds 200 primers. However, I do like a priming tool that gives 'feel' and is adjustable for depth.

Try Googling 'Sinclair Priming tool' - I've had one for about 25 years and it's as good as new. (I've also had a few Lee, RCBS and Hornady).
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#4 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I use 2 old type round Lee priming tools for LR and SP primers, and I have found them to be easy to use "Giving exceptional feel when priming" I have upgraded both of the priming levers that were prone to failure with the square type Lee levers from the latest models. "eBay"
Although parts are now getting rare, I have in the past obtained enough to keep me going for the forseeable future, and don`t intend to spend on upgrading them. "If it aint broke dont fix it".
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#5 Post by redcat »

Lee ram prime on a 30 year old Lee Reloader press. Nice positive feel and fast enough for the loading I do.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

I have a Lyman ezee hand primer, do you want to borrow it and see if it's any good?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
PeterN

#7 Post by PeterN »

I use an old RCBS Posiprime hand priming tool. It works OK for me except when I had some cases with tight primer pockets and I squeezed too hard and broke the lever. RCBS replaced it FOC. I got a Wamadet Primaline hand press last year and use that for all my Berdan priming and also some boxer primers. That will never break.
Regards
Peter.
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#8 Post by ukrifleman »

I use a Lee safety prime (round type) on my Lee Classic cast turret press and it functions very well.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

ukrifleman wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:12 pm I use a Lee safety prime (round type) on my Lee Classic cast turret press and it functions very well.
I get out of rhythm and forget.
Especially on the beech lock auto, so I use the ACP now, then put them through any press
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

So what does the ACP press actually do can you resize with it or is it just for seating primers.