CZRifles.co.uk

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

CZRifles.co.uk

#1 Post by Pippin89 »

Does anyone have any experience of this company? I am wanting to buy something from them but they want payment by bank transfer which seemed a little peculiar so thought I would ask here first.
Appears the parent company is called Rowanoak which checks out ok on companies house.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: CZRifles.co.uk

#2 Post by dromia »

What is wrong with a bank transfer?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#3 Post by Plumose »

Because there is little or no protection if things go wrong, unlike credit card, and to a certain extent PayPal Goods and Services and debit cards.

I wouldn't do it for anything mail order, but consider it for face to face payments (have done for a private purchase of a relatively high value 2nd hand item in the past).
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Pippin89

#4 Post by Pippin89 »

dromia wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:25 am What is wrong with a bank transfer?
Plumose summed it up pretty nicely. It is also not the norm for a website transaction so felt like double checking before I proceed. Sorry if my cautiousness offended you.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

No I was just puzzled, bank transfer is the only electronic payment mechanism I will use for my customers and I have never had anyone having an issue with it or refuse a transaction because of it.

What a trust bereft world we live in, so sad.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

So they have what you needed? CZ spares are becoming increasingly difficult to source and I have had to start making items such as extractors and holders for the rimfires simply due to sporadic supply.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pippin89

#7 Post by Pippin89 »

Dromia - the benefit you have is that you are known to your customers. I do not know this company so felt the need to check they are genuine before ordering.

As what I wanted was cheap (lighter trigger spring for my 452) I went ahead and ordered it Friday morning and they delivered in record time in Saturday's post so I can give a very positive review.
I will be shooting it tonight so hopefully all works well.