Nsra shop open??

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
shoppe
Home club or Range: Any field

Nsra shop open??

#1 Post by shoppe »

I did an order online to the nsra on the 11th February and I have not received it.
I have called 3 times and left voice mails and sent two emails but had no replies.
I think they had the power cut during the storm but that was a while ago now.
Anyone know if they are open?
My previous orders have been very quick.

Cheers
MotorRacingBruce1980
Home club or Range: 5th Sussex Home Guard Rifle Club Worthing, Ford/Yapton, Fittleworth, Bisley

Re: Nsra shop open??

#2 Post by MotorRacingBruce1980 »

I had the same experience about 3 months ago. Customer service is not what it used to be. I kept phoning and eventually got through.
Anschutz Supermatch54, CZ452 LTH, Savage 16 FCSS 223, Ruger No1 243,
Enfield No4 Mk1/2 303, Mauser M18 308, Martini Henry Mk3 577/450, Chiappa 1892 357mag, Franchi Affin 12g, Miroku Mk38 GD5 Trap 12g, Ugartechea BLE SxS 12g, BSA R10 22, Webley Alecto 177
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by 1066 »

I've had a poor experience with them recently - Emailed a couple of time but no reply and drove 90 miles each way last Saturday only to find they were all shut up.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#4 Post by Vossie »

They were open on 17th, in the afternoon they were busy packing parcels.
But heard were closed all weekend as 1066 mentioned.
First time I had used them, ammo was tad dearer than advertised on line, but def cheaper than Fultons.
No surprise there.
shoppe

#5 Post by shoppe »

Cheers for the replies. I will keep phoning them.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#6 Post by Mattnall »

They were open on Sunday but have had a weekend of some big national air rifle comp so might have been distracted.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
shoppe

#7 Post by shoppe »

I called 4 times today, but got answer phone, saying every body busy. My first phone call was at 9.01am.
I sent a block of 12 emails last night so someone must notice that but no joy yet
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#8 Post by Pippin89 »

shoppe wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:56 pm I called 4 times today, but got answer phone, saying every body busy. My first phone call was at 9.01am.
I sent a block of 12 emails last night so someone must notice that but no joy yet
They are closed Monday and Tuesday I believe. Might want to try calling again today.
shoppe

#9 Post by shoppe »

Hi. I called again and went to answer phone BUT I have git a reply from my lots of emails.
My parcel was meant to have been posted last week but has not arrived. They are going to send another parcel.
If be some chance, I end up with 2 parcels ,I will gladly call them and pay for the second parcel. It was for cleaning stuff.
Graham M

#10 Post by Graham M »

I only went into the NSRA shop ONCE!!!! many years ago in 1988 and that was enough for me. The prices were higher and the service was appalling.
I wanted to buy a .22 match rifle and after trying to get the attention of the drunken asshole behind the counter wtf I gave up.
The NSRA were at that time asking £930 for an Anschutz 1913, so I took a ride down to Surrey Guns and saw Graham Manley who got me my rifle (which I still have) for £765.
I was also able to buy gert big Gunguard case, a shooting glove, sling , shooting cap, mat and pay the petrol money to get there and back AND have my dinner in Wallington for less than the cost of a rifle from the NSRA.
Even their ammo was more expensive than my local shop.
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.