Why have some people never caught Covid?

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: Why have some people never caught Covid?

#11 Post by Sixshot6 »

Based on what the guys son told me, he practically never left the house while he didn't do the things his dad did bar for work and where legally required and never caught it (or at least never showed). If you want the height of hypocrisy, see this year's superbowl whete numerous celebs like Charlize Theron were gun-hoe for masks.... But not there in a crowded stadium or no one but staff was required to do so at the met gala...

Gets you thinking.

But either way he did all the things mentioned in the first post and still caught it.
Polchraine

#12 Post by Polchraine »

Christel wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:21 pm Don't forget we all got our vaccinations ages ago, doubtful they are still working optimal.
Triple vaccinated ... and I have had an extremely nasty dose of it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
knewmans

#13 Post by knewmans »

I've never had it but:

4 vaccinations
Shielded from March 2020 to November 2021 - only walked in the open, no shops, no family visits, no public transport, only hospital appointments.
I had antibodies on test after 3rd jab.
Always wear a mask in the few indoor public spaces I now visit.
The only people I see have recently tested -ve and are at least 10 days from a +ve test.

I'm more likely than most to be hospitalised with it so continuing to be careful is only sensible.

No one ever said vaccines are 100% effective. Like all vaccines they reduce rate of infection and severity of disease.

A lot of people get asymptomatic disease and will develop antibodies. As far as they're concerned they've never had it. I've tested positive for having had glandular fever but no idea when. Others that most people get, like CMV, I don't seem to have had. That's life. It's not black and white.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#14 Post by Les »

From the time of the first lockdown, I followed the advice of the day, only going out when it was necessary, and wearing a mask whenever I was outdoors or in shops etc. It never stopped me doing things, apart from the mandatory closure of the clubs etc, and most of it was just common sense.

I had TB +/- 35 years ago, and I also have COPD and Pneumoconiosis, so my lungs are well and truly knackered. Covid 19 would probably have seen me off in no time, so I can only say that I got lucky. 5mith
lapua338

#15 Post by lapua338 »

The establishment didn't take their 'rules' seriously during 2020/21 so neither did I, I have refused the so-called 'protection', never tested or used the NHS 'Test and Trace' app, didn't live in fear, carried on working (although I do use a lot of hand sanitizer due to the nature of my work) and lived life as normal for the past two years and haven't been ill.

The only people I know who have tested 'positive' and/or been ill multiple times are those that have been 'vaccinated'. I know of only two people that have died and both had comorbidities. One was 91 years old and became infected (according to the NHS) after been admitted to hospital for other serious medical conditions (favourable for the statistics).

If you wish to wear protective face masks or respirators and have the jab(s) for your protection that's your choice (I am not at all interested in your personal medical history).
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#16 Post by Pippin89 »

Don't forget that a third of people have no symptoms. So many people claiming to never have had it, could quite possibly have had it without knowing.
There is no perfect protection from a virus like Covid. All we can do is reduce the chances of catching/spreading it with the methods mentioned.
Its like driving a car... You have brakes to stop you, you have a seat belt in case the brakes aren't enough, you have air bags in case the seat belt isn't enough. Sometimes people die despite all of that and sometimes people survive in older cars that don't have the modern tech designed to save you... Its pure luck of the draw.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

I observed the basics, socially distancing, wearing a mask in crowded places, washing hands regularly etc. I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home and don't use public transport so didn't get the spicy cough until January this year. Its almost certain i got in when out in a pub on New Years Day.
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

Shenzhen goes into lockdown, seems the numbers are very much out of control in that city.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#19 Post by Geek »

My wife caught covid despite being vaccinated, yet neither I or our son caught even though we were all in the same household.

The longer this has gone on the more skeptical I have become! I have had two vaccines, but no intention of having any boosters (wife and son are fully 'jabbed'). I am even beginning to regret the two I have had. I met someone yesterday who works in genetics and was involved in setting up one of the testing labs, yet they have not had any vaccines nor do they intend to have any. In their opinion, what is being offered doesn't meet the criteria for a vaccine!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#20 Post by shugie »

Sixshot6 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:28 am
channel12 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:59 pm https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-vaccines

Interesting item speculating as to why some people gave the whole Covid 19 a miss together with 286 readers comments on the subject.

The answer is obvious isn't it? It's those who never left their houses or kept their mask on at all times when not home including when completely alone in the outdoors or alone in their car. They never travelled on public transport, went into shops or any other indoor place when we were permitted to do so and even now when mask isn't compulsory they keep them on.

In conclusion people who wear a mask all the time never get coronavirus, prove me wrong.
I know a bloke In Delaware who's dad is tripled jabbed, even wears a mask in his house and still caught covid so it can't be that.
Depends what the mask was, the cloth ones aren't much protection for the wearer, you need a decent fitting FFP3 mask. The same sort of mask that protects people working on MDF, or with hazardous chemicals. We use the 3M Aura masks, with vents which makes them less unpleasant to wear.
Careful now/that sort of thing