Really bad for russian armour in Ukraine

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Really bad for russian armour in Ukraine

#1 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Russia must be getting really low on equipment.
I am no expert but are they now using old WW2 T34s in there attemp to win in the Ukraine.
I dont think the driver of the Z vehicle can believe his eyes !
Attachments
AAV8DC0 (1).jpg
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Really bad for russian armour in Ukraine

#2 Post by 20series »

Looks like it's possibly a war memorial to be honest.

But the way the British supplied NLAWs are apparently chewing up armoured columns who knows what will be needed for the nasty little man to keep his war going

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
RDC

#3 Post by RDC »

That is indeed a memorial tank.

At least one IS-3 was used by separatists back in 2014 though!
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

It can't be too much fun being in a tank that gets hit by an NLAW, but then again, I can think of better places to be than a home that gets shelled by a tank, too. It's just a pity that Putin will never experience either option. ****
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#5 Post by Geek »

Les wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:51 pm It can't be too much fun being in a tank that gets hit by an NLAW, but then again, I can think of better places to be than a home that gets shelled by a tank, too. It's just a pity that Putin will never experience either option. ****
Agreed. Also, I doubt Putin will ever face justice for the war crime being committed!
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
channel12
Home club or Range: WNSC

#6 Post by channel12 »

For a young Russkie squaddie watching your mate being incinerated in his apc is probably not good for morale
Polchraine

#7 Post by Polchraine »

The Russians comms systems are carp! With mobile phone connectivity being restricted, apparently Russians are buying local SIM cards and using teh mobile netwrok.

The Ukrainians know the numbers, are hacking in and also using the location data ... then incoming drones! That is how 4 Major-Gereals have been killed.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#8 Post by DaveB »

Although I do not think the Russians are using T34's, I do notice a lot of older armour in reports coming from the Ukraine. I have seen a lot of T72s and the like. I suspect the Russians are sacrificing old armour to draw out and exhaust Ukrainian supplies of modern anti-armour weapons. My guess is that when they think supplies of Javelin and the like are exhausted, they will release their more modern armour, hoping the Ukrainians will have nothing but small, hand-help systems like RPG7 and M72s, to fight them with. These will be largely ineffective against a T90 for example. It's the sort of pragmatic thinking you expect from a Russian. If I am right, then the solution, of course, is that the West keeps supplying the Ukrainians with modern anti-armour weapons.
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#10 Post by 20series »

There was a comment on the news this morning that the Japanese have reported see large amounts of various vehicles on Russian ships steaming by heading down from that corner of Russia.

As for the Ukrainians running out of modern Anti tank weapons I don't think that'll happen, there must be plenty in NATO stock piles.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP