First Time Section 7

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: First Time Section 7

#11 Post by bradaz11 »

450 Martini wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:41 pm I might think about 7.3 one day. I used to be a member of Wednesbury Marksman which is a great little club and a designated site. (i only left as keeping two clubs membership going as a student was a bit too expensive and I'm mainly interested in historic full bore service rifle shooting)
I have shot a few section 5 pistols under armourer supervision with blanks at living history events and for film work before which was interesting.
i popped in there the other day, they were astonished at what I had, seems most of their members only have one, and all are antiques. they are trying to up their holding.

as for one week, are you sure? do you not need a variation??
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

#12 Post by 450 Martini »

All Done and dusted and i am now the owner of a 1917 Mark VI Webley revolver. It has sold out of service marks and oddly a 2021 Birmingham reproof. It's serial number is only 2000 or so from my almost identical deactivated example which itself is rather famous for it's use in several films which i worked on.
Here it is in the centre above my 1915 Very pistol and below my deactivated revolver.
Attachments
Webley pistols.jpg
Vossie
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by Vossie »

Look good, I looked at some last week with a view to Section 7.3. Just weighing up the pros and cons.
Really comes down to storage costs and range availability, as was told that one might have to pay for entire range at Bisley, not sure if that is true as not had a chance to talk to them yet.

Nice collection.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#14 Post by DanTheMan »

Vossie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 pm Really comes down to storage costs and range availability, as was told that one might have to pay for entire range at Bisley, not sure if that is true as not had a chance to talk to them yet.
Storage is roughly £29 per pistol per year but drops to £23 when you have a few, put it this way buy a WW2 Luger and it's going up in value way more than £29 per year.
Range fees £15 for the whole day, you can only shoot on heritage dates that the NRA publish i.e. every few weeks. As you can imagine it's absolutely no fun being locked on a range surrounded by like minded collectors cleaning, photographing, documenting & shooting stunning heritage pistols.
Vossie

#15 Post by Vossie »

DanTheMan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:27 pm
Vossie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 pm Really comes down to storage costs and range availability, as was told that one might have to pay for entire range at Bisley, not sure if that is true as not had a chance to talk to them yet.
Storage is roughly £29 per pistol per year but drops to £23 when you have a few, put it this way buy a WW2 Luger and it's going up in value way more than £29 per year.
Range fees £15 for the whole day, you can only shoot on heritage dates that the NRA publish i.e. every few weeks. As you can imagine it's absolutely no fun being locked on a range surrounded by like minded collectors cleaning, photographing, documenting & shooting stunning heritage pistols.
Thank you that is great information and all I can say is SOLD.

:good:
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by bnz41 »

DanTheMan wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:27 pm
I second everything Dan has said NO FUN AT ALL.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#17 Post by bnz41 »

450 Martini,

Very nice, :good:
DanTheMan
Past Supporter

#18 Post by DanTheMan »

Definitely not fun this weekend as the NRA could not squeeze me in as the Sunday 7.3 session is full :bad: I guess that's one of the problems of ownership - lack of ranges / range time.
Vossie

#19 Post by Vossie »

DanTheMan wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:36 pm Definitely not fun this weekend as the NRA could not squeeze me in as the Sunday 7.3 session is full :bad: I guess that's one of the problems of ownership - lack of ranges / range time.
How often are the sessions.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter

#20 Post by DanTheMan »

Not often, 13 days this year I think as below:

Heritage Charge – £15.50 per day

January – Saturday 15th
February – Sunday 6th, Saturday 26th
March – Sunday 20th
April – Saturday 9th