LBR/LBP on MOD ranges ?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

LBR/LBP on MOD ranges ?

#1 Post by flamoudi »

I tried a search but couldn't find an answer.

Was there a ban from MOD ranges of using LBR/LBP a while back and does it still apply? We have bookings at a MOD range coming up.

Thanks
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: LBR/LBP on MOD ranges ?

#2 Post by Sim G »

Yes, because they were not of a “category” allowed by the Home Office for an approved club. Same with s1 shotguns and Long Range pistols, I believe.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
flamoudi

#3 Post by flamoudi »

Now the hard bit. Anyone have the notice that says you can't use them? I haven't seen it in the particular ranges standing orders.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

It was some diktat that came from Landmarc and their operating restrictions blah, blah, blah. I’d ask the question in your local defence estate. However, I reckon you’ll get just as much guff. It seems like the military are now morphed into the civil service with a plethora of reasons and confusion as to why things can’t happen, rather than just making them happen.

Yesterday we had a deranged WO2 Cabbage Head strutting around and stopped the shooting because of car parking!! Justified it with, “If an ambulance needed to get down there…!!”

Meanwhile, just about all the ex-squaddies in the club, and there’s lot of them, were all thinking, “Oh, just eff off you Throbber!!” lol lol
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by IainWR »

flamoudi wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:28 am Now the hard bit. Anyone have the notice that says you can't use them? I haven't seen it in the particular ranges standing orders.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... N_1102.pdf
flamoudi

#6 Post by flamoudi »

Thanks for that people. I knew someone would come up with the goods.