Preparation for the worst end of the year

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Preparation for the worst end of the year

#21 Post by dromia »

Home grown vegetables will sustain a family, we do it and have done so all my life.

Our meat is all live quarry mainly venison.

I grow and shoot a surplus which we use to swop with others for home grown milk, beef, lamb and pig also with fresh caught sea and fresh water fish, mainly mackerel, lobster, crab, trout and salmon. It also gets us 40 ton of horse manure a year to keep the ground healthy and fertile

Dependency on industrial, globalised, supermarket food is one of our greatest follies.

Food is too important to be just reduced to the level of another product for producing profit as we have it now.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#22 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Watched a film K-19: The Widowmaker ref fictitious 1961 submarine incident regarding a reactor leak, sailors were told to drink red wine as this was supposed to nullify the effects of radiation poisoning. Any body know how true this is, and if it is where can I buy crates of cheap red plonk just in case !
Asgard
Home club or Range: Valley Arms gun club, Ruthin Rifle club, 3 Stags shooting society

#23 Post by Asgard »

dromia wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:54 am Home grown vegetables will sustain a family, we do it and have done so all my life.

Our meat is all live quarry mainly venison.

I grow and shoot a surplus which we use to swop with others for home grown milk, beef, lamb and pig also with fresh caught sea and fresh water fish, mainly mackerel, lobster, crab, trout and salmon. It also gets us 40 ton of horse manure a year to keep the ground healthy and fertile

Dependency on industrial, globalised, supermarket food is one of our greatest follies.

Food is too important to be just reduced to the level of another product for producing profit as we have it now.
I was referring to the average family home with average garden and not a farm or farm size holding.
It depends as well on the size of the family.
The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.
Niccola Machiavelli
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#24 Post by dromia »

A standard 10x30 yard allotment will easily feed a family of four plus surpluses.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#25 Post by snayperskaya »

Mauserbill wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:24 pm Hello
Watched a film K-19: The Widowmaker ref fictitious 1961 submarine incident regarding a reactor leak, sailors were told to drink red wine as this was supposed to nullify the effects of radiation poisoning. Any body know how true this is, and if it is where can I buy crates of cheap red plonk just in case !
Probably told that so they at least died feeling merry!!!
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Peter Leigh
Home club or Range: chepstow Rifle Club

#26 Post by Peter Leigh »

Only way that would work is if you mixed in Potassium Iodide tablets with it, and even that is very iffy. Best way is a 'lead' line room using say lead bullet heads ,you would need a lot of them though!! you can buy a lead covered coffin box that royalty are buried in. Best way is just dig a deep hole in the soil and stay low for about a week after the bang.