303 sanity check

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
andrew375

Re: 303 sanity check

#11 Post by andrew375 »

Have a read of the Lyman cast bullet manual.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/lyman-cast-bul ... 26271.html
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

That link is a complicated way to look up load data.?
I have been shooting cast bullets in full bore rifles for more years than I care to remember with out any issues in 7.62x39, .303, 308 and recently in 6.5 Creedmoor all at 25 yards in doors and 100 yards out door. In your case I would go with Adams recommendations.
Graham M

#13 Post by Graham M »

channel12 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:36 am Interesting as Alliant 2400 is a magnum pistol powder however the manufacturer lists a load for .223 rifle using a 55g bullet.
2400 was first produced as a load for .22Hornet
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#14 Post by FredB »

2400'/sec was actually the published velocity for the original .22 Horner round.
Fred
andrew375

#15 Post by andrew375 »

The link is to download a pdf version of the Lyman cast bullet book, an essential resource for anyone loading cast bullets. If you do a search for "Lyman cast bullet. Pdf" you will get quite a few sources to download it from.
"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#16 Post by bradaz11 »

thank you Dromia, I will try that.

as for the cast manual, I already bought the 4th edition of it a few years ago, the 303 loads are full poke rifle loads, and apart from the teachings in at the start of it, all the load data is reproduced in my copy of the 57 edition (i think) main lyman manual. only difference being they are in blue in the cast book, and orange in the other.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
andrew375

#17 Post by andrew375 »

The manual on the link has a lot of loads using fast pistol/shotgun powders like bullseye and red dot.

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#18 Post by bradaz11 »

andrew375 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:40 pm The manual on the link has a lot of loads using fast pistol/shotgun powders like bullseye and red dot.
i can't access it, I only have a works issued laptop, and they are blocking it as malicious. any chance you or someone can email the pdf to me, it's my user name with at hotmail dot com

obviously not my user name, but my user name...
andrew375

#19 Post by andrew375 »

https://www.pdfdrive.com/lyman-cast-bul ... 26271.html

Just downloaded Handloader's digest from here with no problems.

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#20 Post by bradaz11 »

well I can't due to IT