Northern Shooting Show

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: Northern Shooting Show

#11 Post by Lever357 »

Went on Saturday, was not nearly as good as it was in 2018/19. Much fewer exhibitors - I suppose stock availability could be an issue. I see it going the way of a lot of shows - umpteen clothes retailers, country crafts and food stalls.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#12 Post by 20series »

I concur, definitely less to see. I think I saw only one stand selling anything reloading.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Sim G
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Sim G »

A friend of a friend picked up the bargain of the century!!!

An Armscor Westlake nitro conversion for 70 quid!!! That’s right. Had a price tag of 180, with the 1 crossed out, for £80. So he even haggled and got it for 70!!!

Not all muzzle loading revolvers are equal…
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
The Gun Pimp

#14 Post by The Gun Pimp »

I thought it was a good Show - it would have been nice to see the two northern based importers there - Viking and Edgars but there was plenty to see and do. The weather was great (on the Sunday) and it was just nice to stroll around outside having a natter and watching various demos. I don't expect to see anything new to excite me - as a target shooter - but the Hardy Rifle from New Zealand is a welcome import to the UK.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

20series wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:08 pm
Blackstuff wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:57 pm I'll be there tomorrow. Pointless going on Sunday, i'll have bought everything lol
Funny enough another mate of mine said the same thing lol lol
Well I didn't quite buy EVERYTHING but managed to go over budget. There was no 9mm ammo left by the time i'd left though :D
DVC
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#16 Post by Mike357 »

As a target shooter, the game shooting part of the show didn't really appeal and neither did all things Airsoft and Air Gun. Next year I'll make the effort to go to the Target Shooting Show I think.

I picked up a new Pistol Belt from Magload and 1000 Federal LP Primers for the eye watering sum of £110, 3x the price of the primers I'm just finishing! Also popped in to see Calibre Innovations and discuss an issue with an order, resolved without question or drama so I bought some more stuff from them and when the card machine wouldn't work they said just pay us at The Phoenix. Refreshing customer service.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#17 Post by Geek »

I went on the Saturday and as the comment above in my opinion not as good as the previous event, also again my opinion, but not much for target shooters.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

I was there on the Sunday. I bought two boxes of bullets.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Blackstuff »

Was Cheshire Gun Room as crazy on the Sunday? It was shoulder to shoulder on the Saturday from the moment the doors opened until at least when I left at 3pm. I was after a moderator from them (which thankfully I got from Firing Solutions) and you basically had to give them your certificate and come back in an hour once it had been written up teanews There were two racks (at least, that could be seen from the shop floor anyway), full of guns with certificates curled into their trigger guards and every staff member looked like they'd just got back from Vietnam in the 70's! :o
DVC
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#20 Post by 20series »

Blackstuff wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:18 am Was Cheshire Gun Room as crazy on the Sunday? It was shoulder to shoulder on the Saturday from the moment the doors opened until at least when I left at 3pm. I was after a moderator from them (which thankfully I got from Firing Solutions) and you basically had to give them your certificate and come back in an hour once it had been written up teanews There were two racks (at least, that could be seen from the shop floor anyway), full of guns with certificates curled into their trigger guards and every staff member looked like they'd just got back from Vietnam in the 70's! :o
Yeh they were very busy Sunday, tbh they had a few bargains going. I looked at a Tikka T3 with £400 off list, sadly my ticket is still awaiting renewal....
Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP